Responsible for producing and analyzing reports to support the profitability and financial reporting functions of the credit union. This position will sustain a key role in the design, implementation, and documentation of profitability solutions, streamline report development and production, integrate financial systems and data, and sustain and navigate ongoing evolution of financial reporting needs.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for preparing materials related to the monthly budget variance, branch performance, organizational profitability, and product profitability reports.
• Responsible for maintenance of data warehouse components consisting of GL data extracts, membership totals, and loans and shares data to ensure high levels of data accuracy and availability for reporting and analysis.
• Documentation of the methodology supporting the allocation rules and analysis of the organizational and product profitability solutions.
• Develop communications supporting future enhancements, and the potential use or leveraging of the MPC system for business units and functions.
• Develops and maintains specialized knowledge of accounting and financial concepts, activity based costing, funds transfer pricing, and application to the organization’s profitability measurement process.
• Produce Ad-Hoc reports as needed.
• Responsible for ensuring accuracy of NCUA 5300 Call Report.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
• 1-2 years of finance or accounting experience, preferably within a financial institution.
• Proficiency in database platforms and languages (SQL, Oracle, Access).
• Advanced proficiency in MS Excel.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must have great analytical and communications skills.
• Financial statement knowledge and a moderate understanding of the structure of the credit union's balance sheet and income statements preferred.
• Working knowledge of basic investment math, statistical concepts and forecasting.
• Experience and/or knowledge of Fiserv MPC and Sendero ALM, FTP, DMS products.
• Experience with Symitar.
• Familiarity with Access, SQL and Web-based applications desired.