Responsible for gathering and analyzing data using various analytical methods and tools. Prepares ad hoc analysis, reports and presents information.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- Gathers and analyzes data using a variety of statistical techniques. Prepares accurate reports and presents information as needed.
- Partners with Managers in the methodological design and analysis of health outcomes studies. Prepares ad hoc reports and presents findings.
- Assists in the development of routine reports to satisfy contractual reporting requirements, track and trend health plan performance, effect and facilitate ongoing performance monitoring of program(s).
- Performs utilization analysis utilizing data from different sources and reports results.
- Creates and maintains supporting project documentation (SQL, data request, data sets) and ensures distribution of documentation to appropriate staff as required.
- Provides data and analytical support for department and organizational initiatives.
- Mentors other AlohaCare staff on use of available statistical and analytical tools (e.g. Excel and SQL) as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience using SQL, Excel and other statistical/analytical tools.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Experience with computer systems and software programs (e.g. SQL, Microsoft Office, and Stata/SAS/SPSS or equivalent statistical package).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with cross functional teams.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Two years experience in healthcare or public health.
- Work well under pressure of multiple deadlines and able to prioritize projects.
- Detail oriented.
Preferred Competencies and Qualifications
- Masters Degree with emphasis in economics, public health, mathematics, statistics, data analysis or health care administration OR a combination of Bachelors Degree, professional training or work experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties required for the position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Knowledge of health research methodology, biostatistics, and medical terminology.