The Data Analyst assists in providing management support to the Surgical Services Director and Business Manager. Assists with development of databases, analysis of data, preparation and presentation of reports. Possesses a working knowledge of billing, scheduling, inventory processes, and PICIS OR Manager. Responsible for PICIS maintenance. Reports to the Surgical Services Business Manager.
Assists with management support and quality reports for Surgical Services.
- Compiles monthly compliance checks for ASC, PACU, GI, and Surgery Departments. Sends reports to appropriate Patient Care Managers and Directors by the 5th of the month.
- Performs a second audit on wound vac documentation monthly. Reconciles discrepancies with the Inventory Assist.
- Documents and tracks instrument purchases monthly. Provides trend analysis to Business Manager.
- Reconciles the High Dollar monthly report to ensure that high dollar items have been appropriately charged. Completes by the 5th of the month.
- Announces, compiles, corrects errors, and posts results of quarterly turnover study.
- Assists with bi-weekly stats reporting for the Business Manager.
- Maintains spreadsheet for canceled cases with wasted items tracking.
Assists with billing, auditing, and inventory analysis.
- Serves as the trainer for all billing duties, including entering charges into Meditech (both non-stock and inventory items), performing audits on charge sheets/schedules/daily report, working with vendor reps to accurately account for/submit erequest for items delivered, reconciling implant report/tissue report to charges, entering late charges into erequest, etc.
- Serves as trainer for audits conducted both before and after charges are entered.
- Maintains the procedure code spreadsheet with items that need procedure codes set up with input from the Inventory Analyst and Cost Accounting. Updates at least one time per week.
- Moves charges to updated accounts as directed by Patient Accounts within 3 days of notice.
- Serves as the backup for all duties associated with billing and audit responsibilities.
Maintains PICIS system.
- Performs testing for software upgrades as needed.
- Requests staff user setup and security from the IT Department.
- Coordinates/performs screen/form changes for OR Manager with the IT Department as needed.
- Establishes/changes case record defaults as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for projects as delegated.
Performs interdisciplinary tasks throughout the Surgical Services arena.
- Assists staff with Finger Print Logon.
- Serves as backup to Center Core Secretary for audit duties.
- Facilitates email distribution list additions/changes.
- Serves as trainer and backup for payroll and staff scheduling duties.
- Creates documents for the Director/Business Manager as needed.
- Communicates with Surgical Services personnel, peers, and other ACH team members in a positive and professional manner.
- Displays teamwork by offering assistance to others and utilizing time efficiently.
- Seeks new challenges and is self-directed in identifying resources/learning activities to enhance competence.
- Consistently demonstrates that new knowledge and skills gained from education are incorporated into actual practices.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
• Field of Study: Business or Business-Related
• Experience Substitution: Or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2 years total experience required
which includes 2 years of business or computer-related field experience
2 years database/statistics experience
Demonstrated competency in using Microsoft Office applications.
Aggressive in learning new applications.
Expertise in setting up databases, data retrieval, display and analysis of data.
Good communication skills.
Focus on detail and accuracy.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Activity - Climb or balance
Physical Activity - Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Physical Environment - Work near moving mechanical parts
Physical Environment - Work in a confined area
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 35 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...