Artemis Search Partners, Inc. is currently seeking a Data Analyst for their client, an international investment management firm. The Data Analyst will be responsible for quality testing and maintaining/ensuring production systems on different trading models.
Data Analyst ( Full Time )
Old Greenwich, CT
Compensation and Benefits:
Competitive Base Salary plus bonus potential. Full, comprehensive health benefits package, 401(k), PTO, etc.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as liaison with other departments to design and formulate validation rules and production procedures. Additionally implements rules and procedures in an object-oriented framework, via Perl, Python or C++
- Generates model reports on their status in the validation or production process
- Provides level 2 support of issues regarding model tests and production
- Designs and implements user interface (web based) to interact with internal departments on model submission and validation
- Analyzes statistics on trading models and advises improvements
*Please apply now for immediate consideration.
- Minimum Master's level degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or related field of study. Proof of good educational record is required. Such as GPA verification.
- Prior experience with Linux environment, familiar with Vi or Emacs for editing files under the command line
- Prior experience in C/C++ programming, familiar with common algorithms and data structures (binary tree, sorting, etc), Object Oriented programming and design patterns.
- Familiar with compilers, debuggers under Linux (gcc, g++, gdb).
- Prior scripting language experience, such as Perl, Python, and/or shell scripting
- Interface with database (such as MySQL)
- Web site development (Apache, CSS, HTML, ModPerl/Mason)
- Applies technology to real situations, proposes solutions in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, manage projects and meet specified deadlines.
- Works well independently or part of a team, effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. English fluency (written and verbal) is required.