• Bachelors degree in Information Services or related business field (e.g. computer science, statistics, biostatistics). Masters degree in preferred.
• 3-5 years of data analyst and/or business intelligence (e.g. decision support) and/or database management experience.
• Previous experience in healthcare role within a hospital is extremely desirable.
• Understands healthcare data, databases, modeling, and operations and/or reporting tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
(1) Ability to conduct complex data analysis including longitudinal and multilevel modeling;
(2) Familiarity with advanced psychometric analyses including IRT/Rasch modeling;
(3) Capacity to develop, maintain, and query relational database;
(4) Must have strong, demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, MS Access, R, RedCap, SAS, SPSS, R or other data management and analysis tools;
(5) Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a dynamic and rapidly evolving work environment;
(6) Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
(7) Value for research integrity and collaborative research;
(8) Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships with research team members, both internal and external to CHOP;
(9) Highly organized;
(10) Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills;
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Perform basic and advanced statistical and psychometric analyses with minimal supervision.
• work with investigators on project to identify statistical analysis plans for specified research questions/problems;
• assume responsibility for carrying out several specific analysis protocols according to an agreed upon timetable;
• conduct complex data analysis, such as multilevel and longitudinal modeling;
• with guidance and supervision, conduct advanced psychometric analyses including factor analyses and IRT/Rasch modeling.
Assist researchers in creating and maintaining high-quality research databases
• maintain and query relational database;
• oversee data quality control;
• clean and format data files;
• develop codebooks.
Presentation of Results
• prepares reports summarizing specified analysis plan, results, interpretation, and conclusions for research team and/ or external requestor;
• generate statistical tables, graphs, or other specially formatted graphical displays for the team and/ or external requestors;
• review data and results of analyses for accuracy, completeness, and validity. Identify sources of bias and confounding, assumptions made in the analyses, and the generalizability of the results;
• make summary presentations of results and their interpretation to the team and or external requestors as required.
• Help to train the full team on data management and analysis
Participate in data collection activities in the clinics and schools
• Manage IRB applications
• Write reports and participate in the writing of manuscripts
Further own professional development
• maintain a working knowledge of the current state of statistical and psychometric research and techniques;
• maintains in- depth knowledge of literature relevant to the project
• identify areas for continued skill development and seek out learning / mentoring / training opportunities;
• participate in relevant continuing education activities;
• develop multi-disciplinary relationships that foster ongoing development and collaborative opportunities
• Perform project coordination roles
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 15 months ago