Excelsior College is seeking applicants for the position of Data Analyst within The Center for Educational Measurement. This is a full time position based in Albany, NY.
The Data Analyst has responsibility for:
This position requires:
- Performing diversified functions that require the ability to learn and apply established policies and procedures as well as create new ones.
- Conducting activities that support psychometric, test administration, and test development functions.
- Organizing and prioritizing various projects simultaneously and ensuring that all work is accurately completed within prescribed deadlines.
- Conducting basic research activities and statistical and psychometric analyses.
This position necessitates professional, responsible, and mature behavior required to work with extremely secure and confidential information. The Data Analyst position reports to the Director of Psychometrics.
- Ability to accurately attend to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Proficient use of computer based applications.
- Ability to take initiatives in problem solving and work situations.
- Excellent written and organizational skills.
The responsibilities of the Data Analyst include, but are not limited to the following:
To perform successfully in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Conduct the scoring of extended response examinations in Excelsior College's Student Information System (SIS).
- Run classical item analysis and prepare reports.
- Conduct and manage score testing activities using SIS.
- Investigate and resolve SIS problems encountered.
- Retrieve data from SIS and place into Oracle® Access database tables or flat files.
- Add exam form information to SIS.
- Run and modify Oracle Discoverer Reports.
- Update grade distribution reports for multiple choice and extended response exams.
- Reconcile monthly expense accounts.
- Prepare all material and make arrangements for standard setting meetings.
- Setup standard setting database and create reports as needed.
- Run item analyses for over 50 examinations and coordinate the production of the Excelsior College® Examinations and UExcel® Examinations Technical Handbooks for publication.
- Prepare data files (formatting and cleaning).
- Collaborate in the creation of item selection spreadsheets and in the form building process as needed.
- Run other psychometric and statistical analyses as needed (using basic statistics).
- Use SPSS® , Excel® , and Access software to generate meaningful reports, graphs, and tables of data.
- Document and update processes and organize and files and directories.
- Conduct analyses to support research activities.
- Other tasks to assist the psychometric group as needed.
Education and/or Experience
The requirements for the position of Data Analyst are a Bachelor's degree in measurement, statistics, mathematics, psychology, or related quantitative field, with 2 to 3 years of related experience or Master's degree (preferred) in a related field.
- Knowledge of SPSS.
- Familiarity with basic research methodology and statistical or psychometric analysis.
- Display high degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail when working with data.
- Demonstrate high degree of organizational skills and productive time management.
- Proficiency in the utilization of databases (running queries), spreadsheets, and word processing applications such as Access and Excel.
- Professional commitment to responsibly secure and maintain confidential information.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to provide quality assistance to staff.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Availability to work flexible hours as needed.
Excelsior College - 18 months ago
Founded as Regents College in 1971 and chartered as a private, nonprofit institution in 1998, the College was renamed Excelsior College in...