The Data Analyst is responsible for ongoing development, analysis and presentation of healthcare information pertaining to medical operations, financial and demographic data. This position includes the development and preparation of adhoc reports as well as scheduled weekly/monthly/quarterly reports for HMG staff. The Data Analyst must analyze data and information from conceptualization through presentation of the data. The Data Analyst will also utilize analytical tools/software (PBI, Analytics, Allscripts Medical Records, Centricity Business Systems, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.) in performing daily report generation and analysis.
- Create standard and adhoc reports utilizing reporting tools for administrative staff, operations, medical staff and clinical research in a timely manner.
- Develop programs, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data.
- Use and support database applications and analytical tools to ensure quality data, applications and functions.
- Accountable for execution and validation of analyses and identification and reporting of issues to the Director of Informatics or Department Managers
- Analyze data results through investigation, analysis and evaluation
- Develops, maintains and works to continuously improve practice and provider level dashboards
- Ensure the integrity of data, including extraction, processing, storage, manipulation and analysis
- Analyze data for trends and support findings through adequate documentation
- Work effectively in an individual role or as part of a team.
- Communicate data and analysis effectively with all end users and assist in the determination of future data needs.
- Adhere to the principles of confidentiality and comply with all mandated training
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Health Care or related field.
- Experience as a data analyst or decision support analyst preferred.
- Strong analytical capabilities and experience in presenting data and trends
- Proven experience working with large data sets in Excel and/or relational database environment
- Knowledge of healthcare business systems and Electronic Medical Records
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Experience and/or demonstrated understanding of ICD-9, ICD-10, SNOWMED, LOINC, CPT.
- Experience with PBI and Humedica software a plus
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills
Holston Medical Group - 21 months ago
At Wellmont Health System, wellness is paramount. Wellmont Health System provides general and advanced medical-surgical care to residents of...