The Data analysts conducts SAS programming and analysis as needed on a large multi-state Medicaid database as part of a federal grant to develop quality measures of healthcare for children. The analyst also provides database support, conducts statistical analyses as needed, and contributes to report and manuscript writing. Additionally, the analyst trains and mentors new and more junior analysts.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Collaborates with project stakeholders and external organizations to assist in the development of analytic plans for Medicaid Analytic Extract (MAX) data.
2. Create and/or modify SAS programs to carry out analytic plan.
3. Conduct analyses as needed for project reports and manuscript publication.
4. Assists with research, development and completion of special projects as requested by various internal departments or in support of requests from regulatory agencies, contracting agencies or other external organizations.
5. Establishes and maintains timelines for projects and coordinates activities with internal and external partners to obtain specific information to meet project expectations.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in epidemiology, statistics, health services research, or other related field.
2. 3-5 years of experience in health care data analysis; high level working knowledge of SAS and programming large datasets.
3. Experience with health claims data preferred.
4. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills necessary to present and communicate important information effectively to all levels of hospital staff.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Talking in person/on the phone Frequently (34-66%)
Standing/Walking Frequently (34-66%)
Typing on a keyboard Frequently (34-66%)
Nationwide Children's Hospital - 21 months ago
Buckeye babies, toddlers, and teens don't have to travel the country wide to find pediatric care with Nationwide Children's...