Buried deep in every vehicle fleet is a wealth of secrets that can be used to improve operations as well as the bottom line – if only you could unlock them. Navman Wireless holds the key that unlocks those secrets and helps fleets run more efficiently and cost-effectively every day.
With our technology, fleet operators have complete visibility into where their vehicles and assets are in real time – how much fuel they're using – how they're being driven – whether they need service – and other insights that can be used to make smart management decisions.
Today, Navman Wireless monitors more than 175,000 vehicles owned by over 14,000 organizations on five continents. That makes us one of the top SaaS providers of GPS-based fleet and asset management technology in the world.
An operating company of Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR), Navman Wireless is based in Glenview, IL, with additional facilities in California, Mexico, UK, Italy, Taiwan, Ireland, China, New Zealand and Australia.
Navman Wireless is going through a significant growth phase and is seeking a Data Analyst to provide expertise to acquire, manage, manipulate, and analyze data and report results.
This position is responsible for analyzing and reporting data for one of Navman's largest accounts and some channels for Navman Wireless North America. The individual will help large customers extract the key data elements that are critical to their business and understand the information to enable them to make key business decisions. The individual will work directly with the Field Services Engineer assigned to these accounts for day to day direction.
The Data Analyst will work directly with multiple internal teams including Sales, Installation, Customer Support and Finance. Multiple KPIs and metrics will be used to determine the success and satisfaction generated by the individual's services.
- Identify problematic areas and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct the data
- Analyze and problem solve issues with current and planned systems as they relate to the integration and management of customer data
- Analyze reports of data duplicates or other errors to provide ongoing appropriate interdepartmental communication and monthly or daily data reports
- Monitor for timely and accurate completion of select data elements
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- In collaboration with others, develop and maintain spreadsheets, databases and data systems necessary for customer and department functions
- Acquire and abstract primary or secondary data from existing internal or external data sources
- In collaboration with others, develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Perform data entry, either manually or using scanning technology, when needed or required
- In collaboration with others, interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings
- Develop graphs, reports, and presentations of project results
- Perform basic statistical analyses for projects and reports
- Create and present quality dashboards
- Generate routine and ad hoc reports
- Fulfill the Vision, Mission and KPIs as set forth by Sr. Management
- Drive customer satisfaction as a primary goal
- Conduct oneself in a professional, courteous manner to all internal and external customers
- Provide assistance with new employee phase-in and departmental cross training
- Other duties as assigned
Why Navman Wireless?
- 2+ years data analyst experience in growing enterprise start-up environments, working directly with customers
- Bachelor's degree in Information Management preferred but not required with equivalent work related experience.
- Expert in MS Excel and Access
- Experience with SQL, queries and report writing prefered.
- Understanding of data models and database design development.
- Understanding of statistics, data mining techniques and procedures and knowing when their use is appropriate
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Results focused, detail oriented and able to determine priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with customers and co-workers Ability to travel occasionally
Interested in this Position?
Email a PDF of your resume and cover letter to
- We are a fast growing company, but maintain a small company feel so your ideas can be heard at the highest levels
- In the last two years alone, we've also been listed on the Inc. 500|5000, Forbes America's Most Promising Companies, Crain's Fastest Growing Companies and the Crain's Largest Privately Held Companies
- Our SaaS technology has been featured in the BBC, NBC, Wall Street Journal, Fox Business, Inc., Fast Company, Investor's Business Daily, CNNMoney just to name a few
- Our products have consistently been recognized as best in class include recent wins of the Chicago Innovation Award, Construction Equipment's Best 100 New Products, Technology Leadership Award, InfoWorld's Top 25 CTO and Best Telematics Service and Application for Commercial Vehicles for our flagship OnlineAVL2 product
- The opportunity to sell an innovative fleet management solution that will make companies more efficient and productive thus growing their business
- We were acquired by Danaher Corporation, a Washington, D.C.-based Fortune 250 science and technology company, in December 2012
This job description is not intended to be complete or limiting – the role will require a proactive and flexible approach to successfully achieving the targets that support a rapid and innovative product development environment.
Navman Wireless provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Navman Wireless complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Navman Wireless expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability to Navman Wireless employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.