As one of the nation’s largest labor and employment law firms, Ogletree Deakins represents employers in a broad range of workplace matters. Our clients include more than half of the Fortune 50 corporations, and some of the country’s largest employers.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
We seek a Data Analyst for our Columbia, South Carolina office. This person will support attorneys in preparing affirmative action programs (AAPs) and be responsible, with attorney oversight, for preparing statistical analyses and compliance-related reports. The Data Analyst will participate with attorneys in OFCCP compliance evaluations and responding to OFCCP requests for information.
These are the essential functions of the position. Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without requested reasonable accommodations:
- Organizes and analyzes employment data for single and multi-establishment AAPs
- Organizes and prioritizes work
- Determines and meets deadlines
- Creates and prepares basic analyses and compliance-related reports
- Assists attorneys in defending OFCCP compliance reviews
- Communicates with clients
- Enters billing and expense data into Firm system in a timely manner
Computer Skills / Office Equipment:
- Analytical – Able to organize and analyze large data sets with minimal direct supervision.
- Problem Solving Skills – Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on task at hand. Maintains confidentiality.
- Communication – Listens and gets clarification. Responds to inquiries quickly with professionalism and tact. Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for errors. Able to read and interpret information accurately and concisely.
- Organization Skills – Keeps work area neat and clear of safety hazards. Files are maintained neatly and are easily retrieved. Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and handle numerous projects/tasks. Detail oriented.
- Teamwork – Willing and eager to help others and share knowledge and skills.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Willing to commit to additional hours when necessary to reach Firm objectives.
- Initiative – Takes independent actions and reasonable risks. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Knowledge – Intermediate to advanced expertise in EEO/affirmative action laws and regulations.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of PeopleClick and/or Berkshire software. Able to operate multi-line phone, calculator, Blackberry, cell phone, copier, fax, scanner.
Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and equivalent professional work experience. Five+ years’ experience in preparing AAPs, preferably utilizing PeopleClick or Berkshire software. Two+ years’ experience with OFCCP compliance reviews and analyses.
Workplace harmony is a labor of love for Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart. One of the largest labor and employment law firms in...