Join the crew at PayScale, a compensation analytics company for individuals and businesses. PayScale is an energetic, high growth company located in Pioneer Square, Seattle. We have exciting products and fun challenges to solve, that is, if you are a data geek like us. We have more than 2,500 customers and millions of consumers who use our website and SaaS-based products. We need your help to take PayScale to the next level.
Tired of big company bureaucracy? Scared of joining a startup? We're not as risky as a startup but not as stodgy as a big company either.
Are you interested in working with a dynamic, multidisciplinary, team developing a cutting edge search, taxonomy, and analysis engine, while producing compensation analyses for major media outlets like the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, Forbes, Business Week, US News and World Report, Inc. Magazine, ABC News, Yahoo!, BNET, AOL and others?
PayScale, Inc. (http://www.payscale.com/), the leading online resource for compensation data, has an immediate opening for an entry-level research/data analyst.
- Work with our multidisciplinary team developing PayScale's algorithms, taxonomies and surveys
- Participate in creating innovative new analyses of work and compensation, like PayScale's "College Salary Report" ( http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report-2014 )
- Work with media partners and journalists to understand their information requirements
- Select and analyze data sub-sets from the PayScale database of over 40 million profiles, using our real-time data analysis system
- Produce brief reports that summarize complex compensation data understandably for a mass market audience, often on tight timelines
- May utilize machine learning and data mining techniques to achieve business’ analytical goals
- May act as project manager for certain large scale data projects, which involves project planning, including deliverables, costs and schedules, as well as regular check-ins with involved parties to ensure project will be completed within defined schedule and budget.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS with significant course work in a quantitative field in science, social science, or mathematics
- Experience answering questions quantitatively
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, with good time management skills
- Able to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Proficient in Excel
- Able and interested in learning new technologies and methodologies
- Some previous computer-based quantitative analysis experience (e.g., R, SQL, SAS, MathCAD, Mathematica, Python, etc.)
- Able to discuss data findings with reporters, providing them with insight and sound bites
- Able to effectively project manage a multidisciplinary team
PayScale (www.PayScale.com) is a market leader in online compensation and benefit data for employers and individuals. With the world's...