Working closely with the Director of Information Technology and the Director of Business Solutions, the Data Analyst will perform business intelligence functions including report writing and analysis. Analyst will also maintain the overall integrity of the Zoo’s transactional, financial and informational databases; resolve database performance issues; and help implement policies and procedures for security, backup and restore of database systems. The Data Analyst will be responsible for creating interfaces and warehousing between several databases, establishing dashboard, flash reports and exports that support the analytical needs of the Marketing, Development and Finance departments ensuring daily system readiness across the entire Zoo.
Ideal candidates will have expertise with Microsoft Access and Excel, SQL and Crystal Reports; knowledge of a data warehouse and data pump environments; data modeling and forecasting; familiarity with ticketing and membership databases including Active: ONE (RTP), and or Raiser’s Edge a plus.
- Identify, assess, create and manage Zoo-wide database needs including a suite of exports and reports. Working interdepartmentally, develop a schedule to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Monitor and manage key business system interfacesDesign and maintain data warehouses.
- Install and tests new software releases and system upgrades.
- Create automated dashboards for finance and attendance information.
- Monitor data files, database performance, system utilization, system configuration.
- Provide training and end-user support for customized reports.
This position requires independent thinking, strong analytical and problem solving skills, verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks. Evening and weekend work required for after-hours support and maintenance. Ability to assist IT team with daily procedures, help desk and or special projects as required. Availability for on-call after-hours support. Experience working in a zoo or museum environment also a plus.
Philadelphia Zoo - 2 years ago