TITLE : Data Analyst
Reports To: Global IT Director
Date: November, 2012
This position will participate in the analysis, development, organization storage and maintenance of user data for the Global Data Warehouse (OEM) for Symmetry Medical. This position should have data conversion experience and should be able to pull ad hoc reports that could be easily understood by internal partners. Position will focus on Medical Device Excise Tax and Medical Device Listings. This is accomplished by maintaining Symmetry Medical’s principles of Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Innovation.
- Develop programs, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data .
- Participates in the identification of key performance indicators and methods for data warehouse to assist with operational and strategic planning.
- Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing customer requests.
- Use and support database applications and analytical tools: evaluate data quality, applications and functions, produce output.
- Design, implement, or operate comprehensive data warehouse systems to balance optimization of data access with batch loading and resource utilization factors, according to internal and external customer requirements.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of complex data storage structures needed to support data warehouse functions. Assures data is maintained in consistent formats.
- Trains and assists users, managers and technical staff regarding access, use and storage of data.
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by management as deemed appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and/or technical procedures.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from management, internal and external customers and clients.
- Data conversion experience and be able to pull ad hoc reports that can be easily understood by internal partners.
- Write reports, business correspondence and procedures.
- Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Able to deal with non-verbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, or graphs) in its most difficult phases.
- Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate programming in 3 rd and 4 th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages (word-processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.)
- Prioritize work flow.
- Organize and delegate assignments.
- Able to operate within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) and/or four to seven years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience; or,
- Master’s degree.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: X YES NO
- Well lighted, heated/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Ability to maneuver throughout the facility/facilities as needed.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers from one-third to two-thirds of working time.
- Ability to sit; up to two-thirds of an eight hour work day.
- Able to lift ten to twenty-five pounds at any one time; minimally under one-third of an eight hour work day.
- Clear vision at twenty inches or less; able to adjust eyes in order to bring objects into sharp focus.
- Distinguish and identify colors.
- Moderate noise levels consistent with business office with computers, printers and light traffic.
- Ability to wear proper PPE.
** Occasional overnight up to 20% of time.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS:
Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive.
In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. This organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Symmetry Medical - 23 months ago