IMPORTANT: This Advertiser has requested that applicants MUST be National Residents / Valid Work Permit-holders. Other applicants need not apply.
Cambridge, MA Office
Do you love crunching numbers and figuring out what they all mean? Want to put that love to work to help stop global warming, support sustainable agriculture, and protect the planet? Then this position is perfect for you!
Under direction of the director of engagement, oversee the communications department’s data analysis efforts including tracking results of email outreach, social media, traditional media, website, online list growth, and online and offline marketing. Recommend strategies and tactics to department strategic team based on results of regular analysis. Works closely with the manager of data operations to ensure the integrity of our online database.
- Analyze results of outreach efforts across communications channels, evaluate performance, and recommend new and changed approaches to maximize return on investment, organizational visibility, supporter engagement, and campaign impact.
- Run daily, monthly, and annual performance reports tracking email outreach, social media, website, and online list growth and make strategic recommendations based on results.
- Assist the media team in tracking traditional media coverage, media contacts, and reporting on overall media visibility performance.
- Run regular performance reports for online and offline marketing efforts and work with the marketing team to recommend new and changed approaches based on results.
- Track organizational email and website testing results in real time and recommend new and changed approaches based on results.
- Work with online consultants, director of engagement, and membership director to run fundraising reports when needed.
- Create reports and analyze results of supporter surveys.
- Research and set up new tools for tracking and monitoring performance metrics.
- Conceptualize and create new systems for organizational reporting of performance metrics.
- Maintain relationships with online database and tracking tool vendors. Keep abreast of vendor updates. Update user manuals. Troubleshoot technical issues as necessary. Research and set up new tools as necessary.
- Train new staff in online query and reporting functions, maintain written instructions for staff reference, and respond to data and query requests from communications, development, and outreach staff as needed.
- Overall responsible for the cleanliness of data in the online database. Work with the manager of data operations to coordinate online and offline databases syncing to ensure data is clean, accurate, and up to date. Responsible for importing new supporters into the online database. Monitor email deliverability.
- Maintain understanding of UCS issues and positions.
- Maintain awareness of role as representative of UCS; consider impact of activities on organization’s reputation and credentials in public and private sectors; direct energies whenever possible to promote UCS; advance organization’s objectives; and enhance credibility.
Qualifications and experience
Position requires excellent tracking and analytic skills and ability to translate numbers and statistics into lessons learned and recommended approaches. Must manage multiple projects and deadlines with ease. Must have a track record of developing effective online and offline communications and/or fundraising strategies based on analytics. Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work well in a team environment and independently is essential. Knowledge of Access and Excel essential and experience working in a content management and constituent relationship management system is required. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
Position requires a minimum five years of comparable and relevant data analysis experience in a communications, outreach, or development setting. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of research methods including quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis and statistical process control. Proven ability to manage, manipulate, and analyze large data sets and translate analysis into recommended approaches. Strong organization and prioritization skills required. Experience working with Access, Excel, Google analytics, content management, and constituent relationship management systems required.
At UCS, comparable training and/or experience can be substituted for degrees when appropriate.
UCS is an equal opportunity employer continually seeking to diversify its staff and to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the sciences and in environmental advocacy
Compensation, Hours and Location: This is a full-time position based in UCS’s Cambridge, MA office. For candidates who meet all position requirements, the salary is in the high $50,000s. UCS offers excellent benefits and a rewarding work environment. Information about the organization is available at http://www.ucsusa.org
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, how you learned about the position via email to email@example.com and include “Data Analyst” in the subject line. Email materials in Word or PDF format only. No phone calls please. Deadline: September 14, 2014 or until filled.
- 14 months ago - save job