The IT/IS Program Management Office (PMO) Business Analytics (BA) team is tasked with providing meaningful analysis of Program data to create value for our customer by providing recommendations based on a wide range of information that ultimately enables
Senior Leadership to make informed, data-driven decisions aimed at increasing productivity and efficiency.
Due to the large volume of information and the increased focus on efficiency, the IT/IS PMO is currently looking to expand this cross-talented, fast paced, and self-reliant BA team with the addition of a Data Analytics Associate.
This position applies knowledge of designing and developing data queries, charts, dashboards, and metrics and trend reporting acquired through education or work experience to help the BA team create repeatable processes for consistent analysis as well as developing new methods for performing predictive analytics and identifying new areas for process optimization driven by automation and data correlation.
- Frequently work with large quantities of raw data to create logic to standardize and scrub data inputs for analysis and review
- Data modeling, validation and analysis
- Process, script/macro, and algorithm documentation
- Developing data queries, charts, dashboards, metrics and trend reporting
- Present data findings in visualizations, dashboards, and mockups to establish the BA team automation requirements and will frequently work with Program Support and Business Intelligence (BI) developers for implementing said requirements and to support related agile development activities.
- Candidate must:
- Be willing to learn new tools and technologies to be able to work effectively in a rapid growth environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Be highly motivated problem solver with skills in business and data analysis.
- Have a proven and/or academic track record of being able to plan, prioritize, estimate, and deliver projects and work on time.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 0-4 years relevant work experience or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Fundamental knowledge base, related coursework and/or has experience with:
- Data models and schemas
- Classifying data and creating a meta data model
- Designing, developing and testing the database structures and Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) programs
- Correlating of data elements, data structures, interfaces, transitions and migrations
- Understanding how systems and components will interface
- Understanding of how to build, code, test and implement an analytics solution
- Supporting test and verification activities
- Proficiency in:
- Macros and/or use of Visual Basic for scripting in MS Office 2007 and later
- Use of MS Excel spreadsheets, formulas and tools
- Working with MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Outlook
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to prioritize work activities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Desired but not required skills include:
- Familiarity with XML, HTML, SQL, SharePoint Development
- Familiarity with MS Visio and MS Project
- Database management skills
- Project Management and/or PMP certification
- Business fundamentals
- Revenue, Profit/Loss, Return on Investment (ROI), Accounting
- IT service delivery models and/or ITIL v3 Foundations Certification
NJVC, LLC - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
An Alaska Native Corporation, Chenega Corporation has gone from landowner to business titan. Founded in 1974 to represent the Chenega people...