Like our wikis and communities, Wikia is passionate, high-energy and collaborative. You’ll have the opportunity to shape company, technology and product directions. We offer the opportunity to have an impact on an exciting product used by tens of millions of people while working with a fun, multicultural team. Wikia was founded in 2004 by Jimmy Wales and Angela Beesley, and is headquartered in a brightly colored SOMA office in San Francisco, CA.
The Wikia Analytics Team is actively seeking a Data Engineer to join our growing team. As a Data Engineer, you'll develop, enhance and maintain our Warehouse, ETL, and Reporting infrastructure. We're looking for a data geek who wants to be a key contributor to our next generation data systems.
- Understand business needs and translate to data requirements
- Enhance and maintain our Data Warehouse and ETL infrastructure
- Perform ad-hoc SQL-based analysis against MySQL & PostgreSQL data warehouses
- Translate analysis results into digestible tabular or graphical reports
We don’t expect everyone to have all of the following, but the more the better:
- Familiarity with multiple database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Knowledge of Dimensional modeling and performant data loading strategies
- Solid understanding of SQL
- Scripting experience (preferably Perl and bash)
- Grasp of basic statistics concepts
- Self-starter with appropriate attention to detail
- 2 - 4 years of web-based software engineering, preferably some using PHP
- BS Computer Science or equivalent
Principals only. Agency and recruiter resumes will be considered unsolicited resumes that are not subject to placement fees.
- Experience wrangling terabyte-sized datasets
- R statistical package
- NoSQL architectures (Hadoop, HBASE, etc.)
San Francisco, CA, US
Omidyar Networks - 2 years ago