- Support department’s mission to maximize the usage and utilization of geospatial and non-geospatial datasets
- Assess existing datasets and identify opportunities for harvesting additional datasets within various groups within the department
- Develop and standardize metadata and data architectures optimizing for discovery, search and for rendering in visualizations and applications.
- Define and implement RESTful Web APIs and data feeds against the datasets.
- Research and evaluate data repository technologies to catalog vast volumes of semi-structured datasets.
- Collaborate with technical lead/project manager in developing high level roadmaps and planning efforts.
- Coordinate with technical lead/project manager in regularly providing status updates and identifying and escalating issues as they occur.
- Must have recent experience in developing highly scalable data intensive applications and solutions.
- Deep expertise in metadata modeling and architecture patterns.
- Hands-on experience in one or more programming languages – PHP, Python, Java, Ruby, Scala
- Must have used a relational database preferably MySQL but any one of the following – Oracle, DB2, SQLServer, PostGres.
- Hands-on experience in one or more NoSQL / graph databases like MongoDB, CouchDB, Neo4J.
- Hands-on experience in one or more open source content management and data repository frameworks such as Drupal, CKAN, DKAN, Socrata
- Prior expertise in geospatial data , applications and technologies such as ArcGIS.
- Expertise in RDF, SPARQL would be a big plus.
- Knowledge of data repository technologies like CKAN / DKAN would a huge plus.
- Knowledge of Node.js would be very desirable.
- Familiarity with open data directive and prior experience supporting federal agencies in such initiatives would be a big plus.
eGlobalTech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/DV