Client is in search of a Data Architect to join their team.
You will have the opportunity to:
What you’ll need:
- Gather and document data requirements in data models, data flow diagrams, and other supporting documentation.
- Collaborate with development and DBA teams on design for new, and the extension of existing databases.
- Vendor and legacy database reverse engineering and documentation.
- Support Data Governance and Master and Reference Data Management processes
- Profile, analyze, measure, and monitor/audit data quality; working with business units to define data quality requirements, data quality metrics/service levels, and business rules
- Develop data mapping documents for database/system upgrades, system replacement initiatives, integration efforts related to mergers and acquisitions, and data warehouse development.
- Analyze business requirements and gather data requirements to build complex logical data models
- Research data architectural directions and independently develop models for their assigned functional areas reusing existing data where appropriate
- 5-7 years experience as a data management practitioner designing and implementing data architecture.
- 3-5 years of data modeling in industry standard data modeling toolset
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding of operational and analytical data architectures.
- Strong understanding of relational theory.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycles and development methodologies.
- 5-7 years presenting data architecture to Director-level and below.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- PowerDesigner experience preferred.
- Application Development experience is a plus.
- Financial industry knowledge is a plus.
- Oracle / DB2 / SQL Server database design skills.is a plus.
- Awareness of DAMA-DMBOK.
ECCO Select - 17 months ago