Verisk Health builds a smarter healthcare ecosystem through analytics. Our 1,500+ global professionals work at the intersection of high tech, healthcare, and “big data” in order to realize audacious aspirations for our healthcare system. Be it eliminating fraud, waste, and abuse; guiding population health management with data-driven insights; improving revenue cycles for our clients; or re-envisioning support systems for new models of healthcare delivery, we hold ourselves to a single standard: having immediate and outsized impact for our clients, and by extension, the broader health community.”
Verisk Health (VH) is an innovative, dynamic technology company providing a comprehensive suite of analytic products and data management services to all segments of the health care industry. Our applications provide customers with information and knowledge in the areas of quality assessment and management, risk identification, financial analysis, clinical guidelines adherence, performance
measurement, regulatory reporting, outcomes management, provider profiling, predictive modeling, and several other utilities critical in understanding and managing health care quality, costs and risks. Our customers include insurance companies, health plans, third party administrators (TPAs), self-insured employers, disease management organizations, consultants, insurance brokers, hospitals, and provider groups. In addition to providing flexible, state-of-the-art software systems delivered through an application service provider (ASP) model, VH prides itself on its deep clinical focus, with physicians serving in several leadership and management positions within the company.
Verisk Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The data architect is a technical liaison/architect for all database programming projects. Data architect will work with DBA to evaluate and optimize data processing services. Data architect will work with the DBA department to manage and support key projects that provide critical data processing services to internal and client-facing business applications and services. These database systems are primarily based on Oracle and Microsoft technologies but may evolve to include other data warehousing solutions in the near future. Data architect will be required to participate in annual product roadmap discussions, provide input and collaborate for product development with respect to database programming.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science/MIS or technically related field with a minimum of 7+ year’s relevant industry experience.
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge and progressively responsible experience in database design and administration experience including, but not limited to, Oracle 11g/10g/9i, MS SQL Server 2008/2005, database virtualization, and database backup and recovery solutions.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures. Hands-on experience with database optimization and tuning.
- Excellent hands-on expertise in SQL/SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, and T-Sql.
- Knowledge of formal information security standards and best practices, including database system hardening, identity management and database access controls. Knowledge of HIPAA and PCI standards a plus.
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to track and report progress against established milestones, metrics and deliverables.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills with strong customer service orientation.
- Positive attitude, ability to work in a team and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience