We have experienced continuous growth and increased revenue since inception! Agilex is an employee-owned, privately held company where achievements are recognized and rewarded. Based in Chantilly, Virginia and founded in 2007, Agilex provides mission and technology consulting, software and solution development, and system integration services. Agilex was founded with the notion to bring together business expertise with the foremost database and IT knowledge to offer clients innovative thinking on leveraging advanced technologies within the Healthcare IT, Intelligence, Homeland Security and Government Services Sectors.
Employees are eligible to earn stock based on performance. Want to work with a group of professionals who have very successful track records and who expect, look forward to and value the ideas of others? If the answer is yes, please take a look at our career opportunities and contact us so that we can talk to you about taking your career
The United States Postal Service (USPS) supports and maintains a small number of very large, high-transaction volume systems that are deemed critical to business operations and the external mailing community. Agilex is developing a Reference Architecture that combines effective tools, technology and approaches currently in place within the USPS with an infusion of best practices, suggested patterns and approaches that the organization thinks will make these systems better and position them to take on additional workloads. The Reference Architecture will be the template used for all new large scale designs, ensuring that data, information, services, devices, interfaces, H/W and S/W have a master template to be referenced to help ensure success, reduce time to develop or acquire a solution, and be used to help standardize and reduce costs across the USPS.
The Data Architect will support development of the Reference Architecture in the following ways:
2011 National Capital Business Ethics Award Winner (Medium Company Category
- Perform an assessment of the existing USPS data architecture
- Research and analyze industry leading approaches to data architecture of large-scale systems
- Assist in the definition of a scope and approach to developing a Reference Architecture
- Assist in the creation of technical documentation and deliverables such as white papers, architectural diagrams, and presentations
- Map data requirements to the Reference Architecture
- Map data architectural aspects of the Reference Architecture to current approaches in industry
- Validate data architecture design with other industry entities such as (Gartner, other large designs, etc.)
- At least ten (10) years experience with data architecture activities to include: Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence / Reporting, Data Integration (ETL, EAI), Data Modeling, Master Data Management
- At least five (5) years experience in the implementation of medium to large scale integrated systems.
- Demonstrated experience with developing domain specific, e.g. Master Data or Advanced Analytics, architecture patterns as required.
- Experience with large database systems (over 100 TB).
- Ability to partner with industry analysts, software vendors and internal stakeholders to develop data architecture strategies.
- Able to investigate and learn new technologies quickly. Interested in new technological developments and self-motivated to keep up with the same.
- Able to influence the opinions and approach of business and IT team members through respect for demonstrated depth of technology expertise.
- Highly effective team player who enjoys working across many organizational lines and levels and functions well in a matrixed environment.
- Skilled verbal communicator and writer who can get the point across and tailor the communication for the receiving audience.
- Intellectually strong and straightforward person who shares views and knowledge with others in a constructive, professional manner.
- High output, organized individual capable of working on numerous concurrent initiatives.
- Able to think and operate on both the strategic and tactical levels. For instance, able to devise a short-term solution that complements the longer term goals.
- Change agent who effectively challenges the status quo and helps the team around them embrace improved methods and newer technologies.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that requires the individual to simultaneously manage several tasks, while paying attention to detail and quality.
Agilex Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
Agilex - Realize the Value of Information
Agilex is changing the game in the enterprise IT services business by bringing together some of the most noteworthy professionals in...