What Data Architects Do
- Lead discussions with client leadership explaining architecture options and recommendations
- Design sustainable and optimal database models to support the clients business requirements
- Advise clients on database management, integration and BI tools
- Assist in performance tuning of databases and code
- Mentor development team members in design and development of complex ETL and BI implementations
- Perform architectural assessments of the client's Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Work with the sales team to create and deliver client proposals and demonstrations
- Present to client, industry and internal peer groups
What We Look For
- Successful background as an architect and/or technical lead on an Enterprise Data Warehouse or EIM team
- Track record of successfully architecting small, medium and enterprise scale solutions
- Knowledge of data warehouse principles and methodologies: Kimbal, Inmon, Data vault, etc
- Knowledge and expertise of database modeling techniques: Star, Snowflake, 3NF etc
- Knowledge of best practices in the database, ETL and/or BI technologies
- Experience with modeling tools like Power designer, ERWIN, etc
- Experience working with relational or OLAP database: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, Netezza
- Knowledge and experience with ETL tools: Informatica, MSBI (SSIS), Datastage, SAP Data Integrator
- Knowledge and experience with BI reporting and visualization tools: Business Objects, Microstrategy, Cognos, Tableau, Qlikview, XLcubed, MSBI(SSAS, SSRS, Performance Point)...
- Eagerness to learn new tools and technologies
- Experience building EIM or BI roadmaps to meet business needs
- Strong communication skills.
You must be legally entitled to work in the United States in order to apply for this position. Cardinal Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Since 1996 Cardinal Solutions has been a leading IT solution provider and systems integrator in the central region. Our best practices for...