Citizant is one of the Capital area’s fastest-growing providers of business and technical solutions — Enterprise Architecture, Information Quality, Application Development, and Program Management — to civilian and military government organizations. We hire only smart, passionate, and committed “A Players” and support them with mature processes and extensive training. The result is consistent, measurable performance and exceptional service as we strive to create a better future for our associates and our fellow citizens.
The candidate will serve in a technology leadership position and will be expected to formulate effective and innovative ideas and concepts independently that will deliver benefits to the customer. The selected candidate will report to our HQ location in Chantilly, VA, with occasional travel within the DC Metropolitan area.
Design and implement processes that ensure the consistent and effective creation, storage, presentation and control of meta data to support enterprise wide data sharing and integration effort
- Research and document findings on emerging data management and architecture technologies.
- Advise management and clients on proper use and integration of new technologies, including performance and financial considerations.
- Understand business and technical data requirements and provide clear and coherent written solution recommendations for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Understand and be able to advise clients on industry and government data standards, which ones best suit a given business need and when need how to define and impediment local data standards.
- Serve as an advisor for project teams on BI/DW architecture choices and implementations, including best practices and patterns.
- Assist teams with developing data architecture and structure designs, planning implementations, and resolving implementation issues.
- Serve as an advisor on data modeling approaches and best practices. Be able to step in and assist in the development of data models at all levels.
- Develop reporting dashboards and create useful data visualizations to quantify and communicate business problems and solutions to those problems.
- Support all SDLC phases providing data management best practices and data architecture designs to maximize the value of data resources across the enterprise and within applicable business areas.
- Support and lead the design and development of databases and data structures.
- Plan, design and deploy data quality processes and programs and assist in resolving data quality issues.
- Review or design data security plans, provide changes as needed to meet current and future security and auditing requirements.
The candidate is expected to have a BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 10+ years experience in data management and architecture including the following:
- Seven plus years of Oracle database experience required, including proficiency in SQL and PL/SQL.
- Seven plus years of experience with enterprise-level data management, data warehousing and Business Intelligence; Data modeling, integration and/or synchronization, quality and security; Master Data Management (MDM) design, implementation and governance; Enterprise data management policies, procedures and standards.
- Seven plus years of experience with Data Architecture design and development of enterprise business intelligence and data warehousing solutions.
- Understanding of emerging and non-RDBMS data management technologies.
- Understanding of role, capabilities and strategies for integration with existing traditional architectures.
- Understanding of Data Modeling tools and techniques – conceptual, logical, physical.
- Understanding of Data Visualization and Analytics concepts.
- Experience with database systems integration required.
- Experience in making decisions regarding data management tool applicability to technology directly affecting clients.
- Have the ability to architect a solution, developing sizing and configuration appropriately for client requirements.
- Collaborating and contributing as a team member: understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, communication and verbal skills; Problem-solving, goal-oriented, willing to learn, with excellent coding skills and an engineering intuition.
Citizant - 12 months ago
- 4 days ago
- 18 days ago
Phase One Consulting Group
Phase One Consulting Group
- 2 days ago