The role of the Data Architect is to implement the company's use of data as a strategic enabler of corporate goals and objectives. The Data Architect will design, develop and implement data models for enterprise-level applications and systems and act as the advocate of data modeling methodologies and data processing best practices.
Most importantly, the Data Architect will drive our big data strategy for corporate and customer analytics.
Do you want to work with Hadoop, Cassandra and traditional RDBMS? How about analytics for 100TB data systems or predictive analytics? Join our team and work with some cutting-edge technologies at scale.
- Develop and implement the enterprise data architecture strategy. Partner with business and technology stakeholders to facilitate and align the strategy.
- Define and evolve enterprise data architecture and design best practices in areas that include, but are not limited to, standards, principles, processes and methodologies, infrastructure, applications, quality, rationalization, data modeling, etc.
- Evolve and manage enterprise data models ensuring they are viewed, interpreted and used in a consistent and effective manner and are integrated into the SDLC.
- Serves as a data steward by identifying, developing, collaborating, enforcing and evangelizing a consistent view of the enterprise data model and data standards.
- The Data Architect is responsible for data architecture tasks on various projects that support the organization in achieving its strategic goals.
- The position is also responsible for enterprise data standards, metadata management, business semantics, data modeling and information lifecycle management.
- The architect will interface with the business, business analysts and development teams, representing IT in the management of data.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience as a Data Architect
- Requires a four (4) year college or university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field and/or relevant equivalent experience. (Masters Preferred)
- Expertise in Data Architecture concepts.
- Expertise in Relational Data Models (conceptual, logical and physical, Dimensional Data Models, Data Dictionary and Metadata.
- Experience in system integration and BI
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong systems analysis skills.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Solid understanding of transactional systems data.
- Ability to quickly comprehend new business and technical concepts and to present these to a technical audience.
- Ability to understand, document, and clearly articulate system requirements.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Big Data (Hadoop, etc ) experience a plus!!!
- Data Science background a plus!!!
Constant Contact - 16 months ago
Constant Contact makes sure businesses never lose touch with their most important customers. The company provides small businesses with...