BROAD FUNCTION AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION:
The Data Architect will work with the Enterprise Data Architect to provide a robust scalable data architecture that meets the business goals of the organization. They will assist in managing all global repositories to ensure consistent and proper use as defined in the technical architectural standards and best practices adopted by Del Monte. The Data Architect will be accountable for the continuous improvement and optimization of the current data environment as well as help lead a data architecture strategy which will support an overall EA architecture. The strategy will encompass data movement, integration, business intelligence, master data management, data capacity management, data lifecycle management, reporting, data security, data quality management, meta-data management, and enterprise content and knowledge management.
• Envision the relevance of data and translate the business needs into data models and the meta-data. Create and maintain an enterprise data model with adequate level of detail.
• Responsible for maintaining a high level of competency and knowledge of database, data warehouse, metadata, and data security concepts; and practical application of those concepts as they relate to providing cost effective business solutions.
• Assist in developing and maintaining standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, storing, cleansing, and transforming all data within the enterprise. This also includes methodologies, tools, governance frameworks and design patterns. Must coordinate with other stakeholders to implement checkpoint reviews and periodic audits to ensure these standard artifacts are effective.
• Gives direction to and participates with project teams in the implementation of processes which result in a high degree of data quality and integrity; and assists in the resolution of data quality issues.
• Coordinates construction of the database and database objects with the database administrators
• Maintain a high level of competence, professionalism, and systems expertise while working through software development life cycle (SDLC).
• This position will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of Logical and Physical Data Model diagrams.
• Will participate in requirement gathering, focusing on understanding and documenting the business processes and data requirements of those processes.
• The current environment at Del Monte consists of both OLTP and Enterprise Data Warehouse environments. This position will be responsible for the management of these types of architectural environments.
• Will be responsible for understanding and managing the data access methods deployed by the Enterprise and ensuring there consistent and effective use.
• Stay abreast of significant technological developments that may impact the business
• All other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study.
Years of Experience: 6 - 10 years as an Information and Data Architect
Special Requirements: Candidate must be able to demonstrate a solid background in database design, logical and physical for both 3NF and Dimensional architecture types. Relevant experience must include complex data modeling, dimensional data design, data analysis, query optimization and tuning.
• Candidate must have a solid understanding of service oriented architecture, agile modeling, domain driven design.
• Candidate must have experience with data architecture modeling tools (CA ERwin).
• Candidate must have a proven understanding and experience with ETL tools (Informatica), data presentation frameworks (Cognos), and data profiling tools.
• Candidate must have 5+ years experience in middleware technologies.
• Candidate must have a proven understanding and experience in data caching patterns and data access methodologies.
• Candidate must have 5+ years experience with Oracle databases (9i, 10g, 10g RAC)
• Candidate must have experience with data integration methodologies.
• Candidate must have an understanding of the basic EA concepts and EA theory, with an expertise in data architecture.
• Candidate must have managed multiple data acquisitions that incorporated the acquisitioned data into the real time online systems.
• Proven track record of implementing and actively managing fundamental information architecture frameworks, methodologies, and architectures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including teamwork and facilitation
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and Pension Plan
Del Monte Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO BE CONSIDERED.
No sponsorship is available for this position. No agency solicitations. No third party recruiters.
Del Monte Foods - 10 months ago