We are currently recruiting for the newly created role of Data Architect . This exciting position will serve as a critical technical contributor within ESI’s IT organization. Under the guidance of the Director of Information Technology, the Data Architect will collaborate cross-functionally with leaders and members from content development, business operations and business units in all facets of and extending the entire life cycle of projects and initiatives. The Data Architect will also work with senior management to define, develop and oversee information gathering and reporting of performance metrics to determine the effectiveness and efficiency of data architect activities. This individual will act upon the results to ensure continuous improvement of the program. This is an exciting opportunity for an IT professional to work both independently and in a team environment, demonstrating excellent oral, written, and presentation skills. The Data Architect will be the IT expert responsible for strategy, design, and implementation of an enterprise data layer and integration.
- Partner and work with application developers to identify and define data services for maximum reuse; and define the Data Strategy for the enterprise
- Responsible for leading the design, documentation and deployment of an enterprise data model and supporting component data stores.
- responsible for the definition and execution of metadata management strategies to support data governance and stewardship initiatives
- Identifies, recommends and implements policies, practices and initiatives to improve the availability, enhance the quality, and ensure the security of data and information assets.
- Apply experience in experience migrating legacy applications into a conforming domain model, and integrated Logical Data Model to ESI’s business
- Proven experience in prototyping data migrations, data quality analysis, scripting to move data, validating data movements and providing migration reports
- Designing and implement data architecture, integration and data models in Enterprise Solution
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to show initiative/anticipate work that needs to be completed;
- Possess the ability to work within an environment of frequent interruptions and conflicting and changing priorities;
- Committed to the utmost confidentiality in all aspects of support and service provided to the President/business leaders;
- Proven organizational collaboration and team-building skills;
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, to include rules of composition and grammar and the ability to convey complex information and ideas clearly to employees at all staff levels;
- Excellent time management skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to learn quickly;
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, work ethic and communication skills;
- Professional, dependable, positive and energetic personality with the ability to go ‘above and beyond the call of duty’ at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related field
- 7+ years proven experience architecting, designing, and implementing enterprise integration solutions
- Experience with SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) concepts and technologies
- Database and data warehouse design experience
- Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of a data layer and data integration including architecture, data model, data mapping, ETL/ELT
- Demonstrated experience with Data Migration including architecture, ETL scripting, deployment, and cutover
- Experience using data Modeling Tools
- Demonstrated experience with Java J2E Development or C# .net
- Developing integrated data models from multiple data sources
- Data Management experience, including Logical and Physical Data Modeling; data definition, data flow