Description: The Data Architect develops an OBIEE 11g enterprise perspective to the analysis and modeling of data and metadata management. The Data Architect will be the advocate for using data as the asset and for providing strategic direction for all data integration and data movement activities. The Data Architect:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of:
- OBIEE 11g Analytics, WebCenter and BI Publisher tools
- Relational databases, normalization and denormalization.
- Dimensional modeling
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of business intelligence best practices and procedures.
- Designs logical data models for small databases and applications as well as very large databases (VLDB).
- Adapts a logical model in designing a physical model appropriate for the business and technical environment.
- Understands customer relations management (CRM) integration practices, risks and benefits.
- Uses and understands OBIEE business intelligence reporting tools and ETL tools.
- Comprehends the risks of design choices and is able to plan contingencies for those risks.
- Maintains and communicates strategic business intelligence architectural plans so that management and the development team(s) have a clear understanding of the vision and direction of the business intelligence data solution.
- Ensures that development activities adhere to the architectural strategy so that overall business intelligence data integrity is maintained.
- Performs initial data quality analysis so that design and implementation risks are diminished.
- Creates and maintains data domains to aid in the improvement of data quality
- Collaborates with DBA teams to ensure that assigned applications are compatible and consistent with the installed base of information systems and in compliance with established architectural and technical standards
Five (5) years hands-on, demonstrated development experience with:
- data architecture and dimensional data modeling design.
- defining and assessing Architectural options. OBIEE reporting tools.
- CRM applications
- Installing, upgrading, patching OBIEE10/11g
- Troubleshooting/solving database issues related to performance, queries, stored procedures, setup, and data
- Proficient with ETL tools and be able to architect an ETL solution
- Strong conceptual, logical and physical dimensional data modeling and data architecture experience.
- Excellent leadership, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience
RJT Compuquest - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard