Recommind has just been recognized as one of the “World’s Ten Most Innovative Companies in Big Data” by Fast Company and as one of the “Fastest Growing Companies in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times. Our technology is sophisticated, but our mission is simple: to help organizations manage and leverage their information. By focusing on the rapidly growing volumes of unstructured information they create every day, we enable our clients to unlock the value in their information assets in ways they could not before. We do this by building enterprise applications on CORE, our very powerful unstructured data management and analytics platform.
As we are experiencing tremendous growth in demand for our products, we are looking to extend our engineering team. As a senior member of the software engineering staff, you will work closely with other engineering resources and data analysts to design and develop enterprise scale data warehouse functionality for new and existing products in the area of Big Data, eDiscovery, financial services and enterprise Search.
The Data Architect will be an active contributing member of the development platform team responsible for schema design, data modeling and implementing data warehouse best practices to analyze large complex streams of data in order to build robust scalable business friendly reports for our customers.
- Lead, drive and implement highly scalable data warehouse solutions.
- Work closely with data analysts to model entities, attributes and relationships for reporting needs.
- Lead the schema design to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Define best practices and standards for database design.
- Serve as a thought leader, mentor and advocate for best practices concerning data Architecture.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent Experience preferred
- Strong software design and development experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with data modeling, transforming/mapping Logical Data Models to Physical Data Models.
- Extensive knowledge of data warehouse principles and best practices, and design documentation.
- Experience with data mining, monitoring, and tuning very large data sets.
- Proven experience in SQL scripting, and analyzing performance bottlenecks.
- Understanding of architecture and support around Big Data and BI solutions is desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to clearly articulate solution alternatives.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work closely with distributed teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork, co-ordination, planning and influencing skills.
- Self-driven, and ability to work at pace in a dynamic organization.
- Proficient with core Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate technologies.
- Experienced with Agile methodology and Scrum teams.
- Extensive knowledge of Postgres database and/or other open source databases.
Recommind values innovation, intelligence and integrity and rewards strong performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, great work-life balance (4 weeks of PTO per year) and a culture that is fast-paced, collaborative and fun. If you are interested in making an immediate impact on a fast growing company, we invite you to apply today.
Recommind, Inc. is the leader in predictive information management and analysis software, delivering search-powered business applications that transform the way enterprises, government entities and law firms conduct eDiscovery, enterprise search, and information governance. Recommind’s solutions automatically accesses, organizes and analyzes large volumes of information in context from myriad sources. Recommind customers include AstraZeneca, BMW, Clifford Chance, DuPont, Marathon Oil, Morgan Lewis, US Department of Energy (DOE), White & Case, and Wilmer Hale. Recommind is headquartered in San Francisco and has offices in Boston, New York, Sydney, London and Bonn, Germany. For more information, go to www.recommind.com.
Recommind is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Recommind - 6 months ago