This is a multi-faceted position which translates aspects of Teradata's Data Management and Data Architecture Services into services methodology, tools and offers for use in the field by Teradata's Professional Services.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to capture, synthesize and disseminate Teradata PS best practices across the globe. In addition to dealing with existing best practices the position will involve assimilating and disseminating knowledge about our newer technologies like Aster Data and Hadoop and developing collaterals, offers and services which integrate these with our traditional iDW technology. The role provides an excellent opportunity for the right person to influence the direction of these offers and through them the way Teradata develops and implements its client’s data architectures
The nature of the position means the individual must have a combination of technical knowledge and consulting skills. In an ideal world the candidate would have already have the education, experience, consulting skills, technical skills listed below
but the most important qualities needed are the ability to;
- Work in virtual teams
- To assimilate information and learn new skills
- Listen to others, assimilate and evaluate their ideas
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Provide thought leadership
- Disseminate simplified but consistent messages
This position directly impacts region revenues and works closely with Region-based Professional Services (Presale and Implementation), the Global Consulting Centers (GCCs), Marketing and Training to propagate best practise and reach the annual revenue and margin objectives. This individual will be responsible for developing offer documentation and delivery methodologies as well as leading field deployment of new offerings with strong emphasis on offer knowledge gathering knowledge transfer and mentoring. The individual will assure completeness, quality and competitiveness of Teradata’s Data Management service offers.
This position is responsible for cross-functional leadership around the development and deployment of these offers. This will involve leading virtual teams and facilitating collaboration amongst regional subject matter experts round the globe to collect, document, share and implement data architecture best practices. Note: This position is responsible for defining the processes of data modeling and data integration, not for producing models or integrating the data. Classic program management tasks encompass business case development, marketing, R&D coordination, training plan development, and deployment solutions related to custom Teradata engagements.
Role will include 10-15% customer interaction requiring domain subject matter expertise. Consulting and professional services experience is extremely helpful to facilitate the development of Statements of Work, proposals, project management/solutions methodology, presentations and value proposition development.
Education & Experience:
Travel up to 25% is a must.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related business degree.
- 5+ years Data Architecture domain experience.
- Practical knowledge of data modeling, business intelligence and data warehousing.
- Project management experience involving software technology.
- Basic cross-functional understanding of vertical industries (e.g., Manufacturing, Financial, Insurance, Telecommunications, Travel, Retail, etc.)
- Hands on professional services delivery experience desirable.
- It would be advantageous to have experience of moving offers and/or products from concept phase to deployment, including business case development
Consulting skills / Experience – Can demonstrate the following
Technical skills / Experience
- Thought leadership to customers and / or internally within Teradata
- Ability to lead a team of people with potentially diverse ideas to an agreed objective
- Ability to listen to others, assimilate their ideas and build on them
- Ability to build alignment between organizations
- Ability to reconcile conflicting views
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Highly organized
- Strong project management skills in a virtual, cross-functional environment.
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills (e.g. experience at presenting in internal conferences)
- Excellent written communication skills.
Strong data architecture experience Core logical and physical Data Modelling and Semantic Logical and Physical Modellng
Metadata management experience including maintaining mappings between models and sources.
- Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Americas-United States-California-Rancho Bernardo
Teradata - 22 months ago
Teradata is a global leader in analytic data platforms, marketing and analytic applications, and consulting services. We help organizations...