We are seeking a motivated, organized and detail-oriented individual to serve as a Data Associate. The Data Associate will report directly to the Assistant Commissioner for Analysis and Planning, working closely with the Chief of Staff, the Tobacco Enforcement unit, divisional directors, and other agency staff. The main responsibility of this position is to analyze data from the numerous divisions within organization, with special focus placed on the Youth Tobacco Prevention Program. He/she will be tasked with assuring the efficient operation and timely delivery of accurate information to Senior Management, City Hall, and members of the press. Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
1. Compiling, analyzing, and presenting data related to enforcement of NYS tobacco laws, including the effort to prevent the sale of tobacco to minors;
2. Analyzing departmental data and producing reports to measure departmental performance; assisting in answering press and other inquiries;
3. Managing data for external reporting including reporting on the state grant as well as reporting for the annual Mayor’s Management Report;
4. Reconciling data between the Department’s database and NYS’ eHIPS database; creating work plans for corrections of any errors;
5. Completing analytical projects alone or as part of a team;
6. Utilizing business intelligence software including IBM Cognos and Oracle Business Intelligence to query departmental data; create reports to automate and streamline data collection for departmental use;
7. Presenting results of analysis to senior agency staff.
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
Required experience: 2 - 5 years
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills;
- Close attention to detail;
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office, including advanced knowledge of Excel;
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software and methods;
- Experience querying large databases preferred;
- Must be responsible, flexible, and hardworking.
Minimum required education: Bachelor's Degree
Job category: Production & Operations
Doostang - 24 months ago