Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Data Backup Sr. Advisor, CommVault to join our team in Plano, Texas or virtually within the US.
The Data Backup Sr. Advisor is a fantastic and new opportunity to be a part of a global and dynamic group at Dell. Our Storage and Data Backup Services team is expanding and we are looking for qualified individuals to join us during this exciting time!
- Implement technical solutions and management processes to achieve overall objectives by means of implementing backup and recovery systems or enterprise-wide solutions, using Dell or vendor hardware/software products and/or processes and methodologies
- Daily work with customer accounts where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems, making choices/recommendations, and decisions regarding backup solutions
- Implement and troubleshoot backup software and associated hardware commonly used in backup and recovery environments such as tape drives/libraries (IBM and Quantum), Data Domain Enterprise platform, storage devices (RAID arrays), Dell Equallogic and Compellent storage
- 10+ years of relevant experience (enterprise backup solutions) or undergraduate degree and 6+ years of relevant experience
- 4+ years or experience with CommVault
- Experience with performing backups and recovering applications, databases, and operating systems
- Knowledge of Change Request and Incident Management processes
- Basic networking knowledge
- Basic understanding of Intel, Linux, and Unix to assist with client installs and troubleshooting
- Understanding of ITIL industry best practices and methodology
- Broad understanding of systems integration practices, i.e. Installs, upgrades, system refresh, design, health checks
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience working with global teams
- Experience with one or more additional Data Backup Platforms:
- Data Domain
- Experience in SAN switches/zoning
- Experience with Windows Exchange
- Experience with Linux
- ITIL Certification
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...