Data Center Design Consultant - BICSI Certified RCDD
Provides moderately complex communication cable designs and standards for the critical data centers as well as all other critical equipment rooms, telecom closets, building infrastructure, including voice, data and video.
- Create technical cabling specifications and drawings in support of operational projects, work orders and moves. Translate IT requirements into technical solutions that maintain and enforce customer’s cabling standards throughout the implementations process. Identify communication requirements from all lines of business sources to ensure reliable and resilient voice and data network designs.
- Coordinate systems implementation with Corporate Real Estate, IT, architects, consultants, contractors, and engineers. Participate on project teams for new construction.
- Create communication infrastructure and technical specifications in support of Request for Proposal documents. Work independently on small to medium complexity projects.
- Conduct quality assurance and commissioning covering contractor’s performance and project acceptance with respect to all communication installations.
- Assist team leader with planning project scheduling.
- Floor plan design and equipment rack placement.
- Installation of all equipment racking.
- HVAC requirements and venting placement design.
- AC Power & Networking requirements.
- Liaison with the Facilities Department and contracting companies during data center build-out.
- Collaborate with multiple teams
- Analyze issues and recommend solutions
- Focus on the customer
- Drive for Results
- Demonstrate adaptability
- Write and speak effectively
- Certification of a Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) or 5 years of relevant work experience in cable design.
- Strong knowledge of engineering and design, including the creation of drawings/specifications of network/telecommunications infrastructure and cable design.
- Understanding of TIA/EIA Standards and BICSI design practices.
- Working Knowledge of AutoCAD
Applicants may be asked to take proficiency tests. As a condition of employment, background checks and reference checks are mandatory for all new employees of Business Resource Group. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or eligible to work in the United States.
BUSINESS RESOURCE GROUP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Business Resource Group is a provider of workspace products and services to businesses. The Company markets a full range of new office...