Connect to GXS and Connect to the World!
With more than 2800 employees and operations in 20
different countries, GXS offers endless opportunities to
learn, grow and succeed with one of the nation’s
fastest-growing private companies. Bring us your talent,
energy and drive and become a star player on our winning
GXS is seeking an Incident Manager. The Incident Manager
manages technology incidents to quickly restore service
following an outage. The Incident manager Leads a cross
functional team of NOC, Engineering and Client Services
associates to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve service
impacting incidents. The Incident Manager is the active
facilitator and troubleshooting driver of major Incident
Managers will focus on studying the general systems
- When not responding to Incident events, Incident
and components of our major services and systems to
be more prepared for the next event.
and maintain a high level general overview and
- Incident managers will be able to quickly acquire
knowledge of the end to end systems, services and
tools used by and to support our customers.
- Reacts with ownership and urgency to escalated
- Takes charge of service restoration and recovery
- Documents incident events, resolution and follow up
incidents, document resolution and begin root cause
- Uses HP Service Manager and UCMDB to manage
accurate and concise manner.
- Communicates incident status in a calm, clear,
calm, productive and focused on the proper steps
- Escalates to Executive Management as needed.
- Provides leadership and ensures all involved remain
necessary to resolve incidents during high activity
service impacting events.
to quickly restore services.
- Directs adhoc response team and makes keys decisions
authority with associates, management and customers.
- Communicates at a high level of clarity and
- Seeks continuous improvement of self, processes and
including Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Service Management processes detailed knowledge
application software, hardware and networking.
- Broad industry experience for industry standard
high activity sessions.
- Able to lead, troubleshoot and take charge during
Education and Experience:
of high activity, change or
- Demonstrated history of leading people during times
Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or
Engineering or Operations Management.
- 5 years in IT with Software or Infrastructure
GXS Life in Brookpark
The GXS Brook Park, OH office hosts an onsite recreation
room including Ping Pong/Pool tables, Treadmills and
Exercise Bikes for our employees enjoyment. We offer
free coffee, tea and popcorn for munchies throughout the
day. The office is less than 10 minutes from a Rapid
Transit Station and provides a multitude of
entertainment options within an easy drive including the
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and the local Cleveland sports
GXS is a leading B2B integration services provider and
operates the world’s largest integration cloud, GXS
Trading Grid®. We help our customers extend their
partner networks, automate receiving processes, manage
electronic payments and improve supply chain visibility.
Servicing more than 550,000 businesses, including
two-thirds of the Fortune 500 and 22 of the top 25
supply chains, we are valued as the world’s #1 B2B
Integration Services Company and recently named to the
To Learn More:
Req. Code : 2332
Organizational Unit : SDOP
% of Travel Required : 0-20%
Shift/Hours : First Shift (Day)
GXS - 21 months ago