Posting Title Data Center Engineer About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 400,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT through cloud computing. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group of people inspired by the opportunity to actively learn and contribute something back to the broader community. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division Hybrid Cloud is one of VMware’s three corporate missions with an estimated $12B in total market opportunity, making this business unit one of the fastest growing divisions in the company.
VMware vCloud Hybrid Service, a solution that helps organizations accelerate their expansion to the public cloud by coupling the value and reliability of VMware virtualization with software-defined data center technologies, enables businesses to take a huge step forward with a cloud that delivers the apps they need, when and where they need them, with no changes required. We are hiring talented people to build upon this invaluable offering to our customers.
Are you interested in being part of an employee community that is once again defining what’s next in IT? We are further building Hybrid Cloud Services organization and searching for people who fit our culture – instigators of innovation, catalysts of creativity, and transformers of technology in Engineering, Data Center Operations, Sales, Systems Engineering, Professional Services, Marketing, Product Management and more!
The great people that make up VMware continue to be relentlessly curious with a bias towards disruptive thinking. If this sounds like a place for you, come join us and help us define what’s next! Job Description
- Respond to customer escalated issues, primarily by web interface, telephone and e-mail.
- Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting.
- Monitor environment using provided tools and escalate issues as required.
- Work flexible schedules, which may include weekends or holidays.
- Perform 24x7 on-call responsibilities during scheduled periods.
- Document all technical inquiries, develop and review content for knowledge base.
- Must rack and stack servers and lift up to 70 LBS
- Cable and label enterprise devices to company standards
- Maintain a diligent inventory of spare parts and production devices
- Conduct daily visual inspections of enterprise environment
- Document and perform time sensitive changes to production equipment
- Perform RMA procedures for defective parts
- Technical certifications such as MCSE, A+, Network+, VMware certified professional, etc. are preferable.
- Degree in IT/IS field is a plus.
Requisition Number 41021BR
- 2+ years’ experience in an IT related role or comparable education.
- Solid understanding of server hardware
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN protocols and topologies. For example: TCP/IP, Ethernet, etc.
- Basic understanding of network security concepts such as NAT, VPN, IP Sec., and Firewalls.
- Basic understanding of internetworking hardware such as switches, routers, VPN devices, Internet Access Devices, Remote Access Devices, etc.
- Basic ability to analyze and understand Error Logs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing professional office environment
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent analysis, trouble shooting, and communications skills
- Ability to provide detailed case notes according to internal procedures and standards of quality,
- Driven and responsible, requiring a minimal amount of supervision.
- Spelling/grammar and typing proficiency required.
- Passion for taking care of the customer and resolving the customer's problems Location Reston, VA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No
VMware - 17 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...