Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
SUMMARY: The Data Center Manager is responsible for the day to day operational management of the information technologies supporting the business. The DC Manger is responsible for implementing and monitoring a standard network infrastructure that provides delivered technologies at a service level equal to or exceeding business expectations at the most cost effective means.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· The Data Center Manager is responsible for managing the activities involving the following:
· Telecommunications, data, voice, and video, LAN, WAN, vendors, and hardware.
· Database services, servers, storage, backup, disaster and recovery, and business continuity.
· Network infrastructure, data centers, environmental, power, wiring, security.
· Network, domain, equipment, security, standards, management and operations.
· Internet services, servers, registrations (IP), software, and operating systems.
· Applications, primary servers, support servers, version upgrades, and maintenance.
· Network infrastructure licensing, maintenance, and costs.
· Security, standards, enforcement.
· Organizes group functions to optimize cost-effectiveness, and maintain separation of duties where security and continuity are critical.
· Work with and coordinate with other Information Systems management to ensure technologies are supporting the business.
· Continuous monitoring of health of network supporting the business and recommending improvements as needed.
· Maintains appropriate and advantageous vendor relationships.
· Develops service contracts with national and local service providers as needed.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in IT, plus 10 years of network administration, security administration, and telecommunications management experience. Greater emphasis is placed on technical certifications and must include Microsoft networking and Cisco telecommunications environment. Must have a good working knowledge of various software products used by the Support Center.
Prefer to have experience with logistics systems (e.g., TMS, WMS, YMS, TLS, and FORWARDING) and business processes (e.g., Warehousing, Transloading, Intermodal, Truckload, LTL, Pricing and CHB.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 10 months ago