Located in Oak Ridge, TN. Data center support services shall be provided 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Multiple data centers are monitored from an operations control room located at the customer site. Equipment monitored includes facility infrastructure (power, cooling), supercomputer systems, and enterprise servers. Tasks associated with operation of a data center are performed on a routine basis.
- Data center activities including walk-throughs of the computer centers, monitor computer and facilities equipment, coordination of computer room work by vendors, support system administrators, backup/recovery and maintain tape library, maintain call lists and contacts. Others activities include :
- Monitor network stability and performance to ensure 24x7 operations and resolving service impacts as they occur.
- Responsible for monitoring/audit server operating systems and hardware.
- Work closely with engineering, field technicians, and infrastructure vendors to resolve service issues.
- Facilitate escalation and resolution of issues with vendor to ensure vendor meets commitments; provides feedback on vendor performance and issues.
- Responsible for providing installation (racking) services for all network and server hardware at the data centers per established standards.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents, in adherence to Data Center processes regarding incident tracking, response, and documentation.
- Manage the disaster recovery process including regularly schedule failover tests
Provide off-hours Service Desk coverage
- Associates in a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Relevant IT certifications (or equivalent training/experience)
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals and commonly-used network protocols (such as MPLS, IPv4, Multicast, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS).
- Solid understanding of network security.
- Knowledge and understanding of IT Support structures.
- Basic technical knowledge of Desktop and LAN environments with the ability to apply that knowledge to problem resolution.
- Familiar with disaster recovery process concepts and the importance of conducting regularly schedule failover tests.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess excellent skills working as a member of a team.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management.
- Customer service focused in a team environment.
- A high sense of urgency
- Needs to be eligible for a DOE security clearance.
- Holding a DOE Clearance level L or Q a plus
- Experience with Open Source Data Center Infrastructure Management (OpeDCIM) a plus
To apply, please access our website, www.iiaweb.com and click on “Careers”
IIa is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.