Data Center Operations Technican
Data Center Operations Technician
Facility: Englewood, CO
Latisys prides itself on offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a team-oriented environment. As a fast growing company, we are always on the lookout for ambitious people with a positive attitude and commitment to being the best they can be.
Latisys is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class technician to provision customers according to contract.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position. Latisys offers an extensive benefits package to its employees, including 401(k), medical insurance, dental insurance, vision care plan, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care, employee assistance program, paid life insurance, paid AD&D, paid short term and long term disability, paid time off and paid company holidays.
If you are interested in joining our company, apply now:
- Provision colocation services as contracted by Latisys customers to include space, power and physical network connections
- Provision space, power and physical network connections for hosting, corporate and internal projects
- Provision and terminate cabling for the appropriate security systems including video surveillance and access control as well as environmental monitoring and control systems
- Maintain the entirety of the cable plant throughout the Latisys facility
- Strictly enforce cabling best practices and labeling standards
- Coordinate circuit build outs, deliveries and testing with all telecommunications carriers
- Assist in testing and troubleshooting of copper, coaxial and fiber connections for customer and corporate networks
- Perform professional services for customers upon request as they relate to cable management, power plant or security
- Manage and track inventory required for power and physical network provisioning, place orders as appropriate to complete customer orders
- Assist with daily operational duties including facility walkthroughs and vendor management
- Assist in response to infrastructure related events (power, cooling, etc)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Education and/or Experience:
- 2-3 years experience with cabling/terminating coax and copper
- Experience working with telecommunications providers
- Prefer experience with cabling/terminating fiber
- Any cabling related certifications are a bonus
Most work is done in an area where normal office noise is present and people are moving around frequently, as well as the normal noise of a data center where machinery is running 24x7x365.
Latisys - 22 months ago
Latisys is a leading provider of colocation, managed hosting, managed services and disaster recovery solutions to medium-sized businesses,...