Major stock exchange is seeking a Data Center Operator consultant in Northern NJ to ensure a stable operating environment and attaining maximum utilization of system facilities. The Data Center Technician will report to the Director of Data Center Operations and has responsibility for ensuring effective installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of production equipment for maximum uptime.
Day in the Life:
What You Bring to the Team:
- Install Windows & Linux images onto servers
- Install servers and network equipment into cabinets and racks
- Troubleshoot layer 1 and 2 LAN and WAN connections
- Hardware maintenance on mission critical systems
- Inventory control for servers, components and cables
- Structured cabling installations and support
- Planning and coordinating equipment moves
- Planning and coordinating new equipment installations
- Documentation of operations and procedures in detail
- Proactively and independently work on projects and programs as needed
- Commitment to excellence, attention to detail and organizational skills are critical components.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to changing situations will be required.
- Occasional high stress, pressure-filled situations will need to be addressed in a calm and professional manner. Candidate needs to understand and be able to solve a wide array of problems with all type of data center hardware and software on the fly, or in an emergency.
- Candidate needs to be highly self motivated.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Drivers License and reliable transportation.
The Data Center Operations team responsibilities range from entry level to high level network support. It is critical that the candidate have potential and drive to grow their technical expertise and advance within the group over time. The Data Center Operations team is a driven, passionate, high energy and highly motivated group with diverse skill sets. The team is committed to providing excellent internal and external support for customer equipment in the production Data Centers. The work environment is fast paced and employees are expected to take on tasks independently. New ideas and improvement to existing processes and procedures to maximize efficiency and productivity are encouraged.
Aegistech is an IT Staffing and Consulting firm based in New York City. For nearly two decades we've helped our clients -- global leaders in Finance, Pharma/Biotech, Publishing, eCommerce, Media and more -- hire the people that keep their brands technically innovative and at the forefront of their industries. Learn more about us at www.aegistech.com .
At Aegistech, opportunity is our business. For nearly two decades we have facilitated thousands of full-time and contract IT placements for...