Posting Title Data Center Supervisor About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. As a team, our employees thrive on forward momentum. We are an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to architect what’s next for the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are a passionate, innovative and driven group inspired to make a difference in the industry and our communities. Connect with us at www.vmware.com/careers. Why work for our Division Hybrid Cloud is one of VMware’s three corporate missions with an estimated $12B in total market opportunity, making this business unit one of the fastest growing divisions in the company.
VMware vCloud Hybrid Service, a solution that helps organizations accelerate their expansion to the public cloud by coupling the value and reliability of VMware virtualization with software-defined data center technologies, enables businesses to take a huge step forward with a cloud that delivers the apps they need, when and where they need them, with no changes required. We are hiring talented people to build upon this invaluable offering to our customers.
Are you interested in being part of an employee community that is once again defining what’s next in IT? We are further building Hybrid Cloud Services organization and searching for people who fit our culture – instigators of innovation, catalysts of creativity, and transformers of technology in Engineering, Data Center Operations, Sales, Systems Engineering, Professional Services, Marketing, Product Management and more!
The great people that make up VMware continue to be relentlessly curious with a bias towards disruptive thinking. If this sounds like a place for you, come join us and help us define what’s next! Job Description The Data Center Operations Manager is responsible for data center and critical infrastructure operations. This position has responsibility for planning, staffing, budgeting, service prioritization, day-to-day operations and recommending / implementing changes to various standards, methodologies and processes. This candidate will drive data center operations solutions in collaborative fashion working closely with the Director of Data Center-Infrastructure
The role requires extensive communication and project management skills. The successful candidate will be a skilled decision maker that knows how to motivate and innovate in a dynamic and high-pressure environment.
Area of Responsibility:
This position will direct activities related to data Center management within the VMware Las Vegas Data Center. This position will also be responsible for Data Center scheduling, capacity planning, standards, design, and build out. This position will develop a disaster recovery plan for the operation. including a comprehensive plan for short term and long term outages. This position also exercises leadership within broadly defined practices and policies and will lead multiple direct reports in setting the direction for data center related activities.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Manages data center operations ensuring maximum availability for all critical infrastructure
- Provides day-to-day Operational oversight in a 24-7-365 Enterprise level Data Center.
- Maintains an on-call phone for escalation purposes
- Maintains real time data center space planning to include rack elevations, dashboard reporting, vendor interface and change control processes
- Manages DC Operations team daily tasks, coordinate changes and create team improvement initiatives
- Selects, develops and evaluates staff to ensure the efficient operation of the team
- Provides weekly status reports to Director of Data Center-Infrastructure including metrics, team status, and customer satisfaction
- Coaches staff on performance and detail oriented development issues. Motivates staff to achieve efficiency and productivity.
- Monitors and reports on capacity and operational performance for the Data Center environment per assigned metrics.
- Ensures the facility is operated in adherence with all relevant policies
- Supports and coordinates Data Center preventive maintenance activities, including problem management.
- Conducts performance reviews and coaching sessions with staff, and discipline/documentation as needed.
- Coordinates the installation and maintenance of all Data Center hardware with staff and external vendors.
- Creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan for the Data Center Operations team
- Creates and maintains a run book for the Data Center Operations team
- Develops and implements operations and escalations procedures.
- Works closely with clients, and other systems professionals in order to identify operational issues
- Proactively manages key vendor relationships to ensure lowest cost of operations possible with progressive leverage of new technologies and methodologies
- Establishes and maintains operational standards, processes, intake and auditing programs in support of data center operations.
- Actively seeks new information about changing products, markets, procedures, or management techniques, industry trends, developments, and best practices
- Maintains a high level of urgency and excellent customer response time
- Must rack and stack equipment and be able to lift up to 70 LBS.
Requisition Number 41071BR
- Minimum of 4 years of Data Center management field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
- Skill in diagnosing and solving complex problems and providing detailed technical analysis
- Superior oral and written communication skills. Ability to conduct tours in a professional, technically competent manner
- Driven by team success and a high sense of urgency
- Technical background in a Data Center Operations related field including at least 5 years experience in a technical role Location Reston, VA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No