This 100 year old financial company with more than $35 billion in finance and leasing assets is a member of the Fortune 500. It provides financing and leasing capital to its more than one million small business and middle market clients and their customers across more than 30 industries. They put a premium on finding people that they can convert into full time employees.
Provides on-site support for The Company's IT infrastructure Management and Server Engineering teams within the Livingston Data Center. This position is responsible for racking and stacking servers, supporting tape vaulting, data center vendor management, and working collaboratively with IT members to trouble shoot technical issues within the Data Center effectively minimizing service disruptions and ensure appropriate escalation procedures are adhered to.
1. Windows and UNIX Support tasks including server builds and decommissioning, cabling, reboots, microcode upgrades, ignite administration and Tier 2 windows support and problem resolution.
2. Data Center infrastructure support tasks include installing and removing network and fiber cables, power management, and DC asset management using Aperture.
3. Support off-shore DC monitoring and Server Engineering teams.
4. Disaster Recovery (DR) support during DR exercises. DC infrastructure maintenance of the DR cage including cabling, power maintenance, server builds and decommissioning.
5. Mainframe support tasks including responding to HMC alerts, IPL's and POR's.
6. DC physical security: co-ordination of vendor access.
7. Adherence to established procedural protocols including appropriate use of the Company's ticket management system.
8. Ability to recognize and propose improvements to maximize service and support activities.
1. 5+ years general IT experience in a multi-platform Data Center environment.
2. 1-2 years Windows, UNIX and/or network experience
3. Flexible to work alternate shifts and to provide extended shift coverage as required.
4. Strong communication and technical writing skills.
5. Ability to work independently
6. Co-operative Team Player
7. Disaster Recovery and Data Center infrastructure experience preferred.
8. Familiarity with Avocent and Aperture a plus.
9. Some physical work is required. Ability to lift up to 20 lbs,
10. College degree preferably a BA/BS with computer science or equivalent experience
The Infrastructure Support Specialist works a 40 hour week, 8 hours for 5 days, OT required as necessary. This position is for 2nd shift, 4pm-12am. Flexibility on what days worked a must.
Approx. Duration: 6 months
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we've helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.
Hired by Matrix, Inc. - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as...