Position is a support role requiring more work direction whereby worker follows generally defined procedures and is responsible for implementing tasks assigned for a corporate pricing application.
Role and Responsibilities
The Data Conversion Analyst is assigned to large projects and works closely with the Client, Business Analysts, Developers, and other technical resources and is responsible for all data analysis and work needed to migrate extracted business data from legacy system(s) to a new customized solution for our clients. The data conversion analyst is responsible for leading data conversion sessions with the client as needed and performing analysis that include the following: prepare data mapping/load order documents, recommend data cleansing strategies, and develop conversion output in the form of success / failure statistics for further analysis. The data conversion analyst is responsible for writing import routines based upon the data mappings, product ad-hoc inquiries and reports to both analyze the data imported to the new system and identify opportunities for data cleansing. SSIS skills are a must.
The data conversion analyst is responsible for understanding the product suite and its underlying physical data structures and configuration data and applying that knowledge in the execution of their responsibilities. The data conversion analyst must be able to identify conversion data to be used in ongoing transactions to support the clients’ business needs as well as the data needed for historical reference and make appropriate recommendations.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Candidates must be local to Austin, TX
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in information technology as an analyst, data conversion analyst, or programmer analyst
• Three or more years of practical experience is required utilizing relational databases, in one or more of the following
o Data Conversion from one or more systems to a centralized system
o Complex data mapping skills from one source system to another
o SSIS, SQL, writing complex queries
o Data analysis
o Programming/Report development
o Requirements analysis
o Functional design and documentation
o Quality Assurance/functional testing
o Experience with large system implementations
• Practical experience and knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies and concepts
• Practical experience and knowledge of relational database structure and concepts
• Proven analytical skills
• Proven written/verbal communication skills
• Proven strong organizational skills and detail orientation
• Proven ability to work independently in a results / deadline driven environment while still participating as a critical member of a large project team.
• Proven ability to communicate project risks and issues as they relate to data conversion
• Proven ability to work well with both technical and non-technical resources
• Candidates must be willing to travel 50% to our client sites and be on site in Austin for the balance.
Dahl Consulting, Inc. - 11 months ago
- 8 days ago
Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group
- 1 day ago
- 7 days ago