The Data Conversion Specialist works for our Viewpoint Construction Software division. This division provides an enterprise level software solution with integrated accounting, project management, and operations modules for mid-range to large-scale contractors throughout the United States and abroad. The Data Conversion Specialist is r esponsible for using various tools to complete data conversions from other software packages into Viewpoint Construction Software. Responsibilities include performing activities such as TSQL scripting, data mapping, data modeling, data cleansing, data transfer and works closely with the Technical Services Project Coordinator to ensure project timelines are met. This p osition requires the ability to work in a leadership role individually and as a team member, regular interaction with customers, and the ability to maintain good working relationships between the team and the customer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Monitors, tracks, and documents conversion activities in CRM system.
Performs data mapping between third party data to the Viewpoint data.
Codes SQL scripts and SSIS packages to convert data.
Corrects data using SQL modification statements.
Communicates (with the Project Coordinator) to the customer on the progress of the conversion.
Meets scheduled project timelines.
Accurately estimates project time and costs.
- Ability to understand the data architecture of the Viewpoint system and identify where this data is to come from in the legacy system.
- Strong customer-service orientation and commitment to insuring timely, quality solutions to customer issues.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them clearly to individuals with varied backgrounds and skill levels.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or computer science and a minimum of one year data conversion experience as indicated below or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices sufficient to manage accounting system data conversions efficiently and effectively.
- Strong SQL knowledge and familiarity with various types of databases.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Transact SQL and familiarity with various types of databases.
- Familiarity with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience using Timberline Construction Software, JD Edwards, CGC Construction Software, or other construction accounting software.
- Knowledge of construction industry and construction accounting.
Coaxis - 23 months ago