PlayHaven is focused on providing tools to allow game developers to promote their games across different marketing mediums with the goal of attracting new players to their games and keeping them playing. PlayHaven offers developers a suite of services including internal cross-promotion, game rewards, interstitial ads, and more, all in a single platform. PlayHaven's mobile developer platform spans thousands of games, over 130+ million monthly unique users, and 2.5 billion monthly game sessions. Our customers include Cartoon Network, Digital Chocolate, Glu Mobile, Game Circus, Namco Bandai, NaturalMotion, Nickelodeon, Playtika and Sega, all leveraging PlayHaven's tools to increase the lifetime value of their games. PlayHaven is backed by e.ventures, GGVC and Tandem Entrepreneurs.
PlayHaven is building a world class mobile analytics platform and is looking to expand it’s team of database engineers to working with the latest analytics technologies such as Vertica and RedShift. The database engineer will be responsible for developing, operating and supporting PlayHaven’s strategic data warehouse and business intelligence platforms and will report directly to the Senior Manager of Data Services.
- Develop scalable data warehouse and business intelligence platform solutions
- Provide operational support and monitoring for business intelligence operations
- Develop ETL, reporting and monitoring tools
- Work closely with Product teams to capture and/or develop new data points and metrics
- Write and maintain technical documents, including design, development, and revision documents.
What we offer:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in business intelligence and database engineering
- Strong SQL skills. Experience with any of Vertica, MySQL, Postgres and or Pentaho/Kettle a plus
- Experience supporting and or developing data warehouses and business intelligence platforms.
- Experience with UNIX or GNU/Linux systems, programming experience in Java, PHP, Python, Perl a plus
- BS Computer Science/Engineering or similar degree
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Weekly social events
- Team lunch Fridays
- Tons of awesome snacks
- Competitive salaries and medical, dental and vision benefits plus a 401(k)
- Unlimited vacation (and we require a minimum of 2 weeks!)
- A transparent work environment
- A developer community that inspires and works with you to change mobile gaming