A9.com is a technology subsidiary of Amazon.com supporting and contributing to A9/Amazon teams including Product Search, Ad Technologies, Askville and Cloud Search. We are looking for an exceptional Data Engineer that is highly creative, enjoys a fast pace of innovation, values people and their work and wants to be part of a great team environment.
You will provide expertise and guidance in the selection and application of data storage needs with technologies including Oracle, MySQL, RedShift, S3, DynamoDB, Glacier, RDS, EMR and Hadoop based solutions. You will also be responsible for the upkeep of traditional Oracle and MySQL databases, as well as leading the adoption of ground breaking AWS technologies .You will become equally adept in all areas and serve as a subject matter expert within A9 and across the wider Amazon community.
As the Data Engineer you will be:
- Working on performance tuning, design and architecture for complex systems.
- In a dynamic environment using the very best of your database and non-database skill set.
- Integral to discussions of systems, architecture, structured and non-structured data.
- Working in an environment that encourages a rapid pace of learning and adoption of new and disruptive technologies.
- Participating in an bi-monthly 24X7 on-call rotation
- At least 5 years of combined DBA experience with Oracle 10g and 11g.
- At least 3 years of experience with MySQL 5.
- At least 5 years of experience with High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- At least 5 years of database query optimization experience and database replication.
- At least 5 years of experience in database performance and troubleshooting using Linux utilities and shell scripting.
- Experience using Oracle Fast Start Failover and Active Data Guard
- Experience with Hadoop HDFS clustering.
- Experience working with AWS technologies such as RDS and DynamoDB.
- Experience using Python and Boto to call AWS services.
- Experience with database capacity planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable driving group discussions.
- Knowledge of networking concepts.
- Experience optimizing database concurrency and system performance.
- Experience working with file systems, storage technologies and IO algorithms.
- Experience communicating database concepts to teams at all levels.
A9 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A9.com - 14 months ago
What began as Earth's biggest bookstore has become Earth's biggest everything store. Expansion has propelled Amazon.com in...