Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore and London. As of March 31, 2013, the firm managed approximately US$57 billion on behalf of major pension funds, endowments, foundations, governments and other investors based in the U.S. and abroad.
This position has development and maintenance responsibility for the data infrastructure and processes associated with various functions across the firm. This includes data sourcing, integration, support, and management for a broad range of applications, including but not limited to those for research, portfolio accounting, performance measurement, analytics, and client reporting. The Data Engineer will be working in a highly visible position on a team supporting all parts of the firm. This role reports to the Director of Enterprise Data Services and is a member of the Information Technology team.
- Manage, process, and model large financial market databases and datasets consisting of both structured and unstructured data
- Design, develop, and manage data strategies to support various applications and business units, particularly portfolio analytics and reporting applications
- Develop and enhance interfaces to streamline the movement of data between applications
- Work with Investment and Research teams to respond to data requests
- Work collaboratively with IT staff and with business units across the firm
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (computer science, financial data and/or data design analysis) plus 5 years experience or a Postgraduate degree with 3-5 years of experience; prior experience working with market data and investment/portfolio analytics is highly preferred
- Demonstrated capabilities in database design, database development, data warehousing, or ETL skills
- Outstanding analytical skills and demonstrated knowledge of investment and/or financial concepts
- Demonstrated proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, SQL, C#, and the .NET Framework
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Excellent problem solver
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
It is the policy of Acadian Asset Management LLC to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, disability, or sexual orientation.
Acadian Asset Management LLC is a Boston-headquartered investment management firm with wholly owned affiliates located in Singapore and...