Would you like to write code that is used by thousands of developers in hundreds of games? Work with a team that consistently ships multi-million unit selling games? And be a part of creating something Epic ? If you answered yes to any of those questions we would like to talk to you about joining our team, where everything we do is Epic .
Epic Games is looking for Data Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of persistent systems, data, and supporting services. The Data Engineer will be the technical resource for all data stores, databases, database infrastructure and supporting services and will work with key stakeholders from game design, development and production to ensure available game data is applied for its best use to Epic.
Preference to applicants with:
- 5 plus years’ experience designing, implementing, and managing persistent data stores for high traffic transactional systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of transactional data modeling
- In depth knowledge of Relational DBMS such as (MS SQL Server and Oracle), including high-availability design/operation, performance tuning, capacity planning, automated backup and recovery
- Extensive hands-on experience with other types of DBMS (Object-oriented and hierarchical)
- Strong database schema design, query construction and optimization knowledge
- Demonstrated Knowledge of object/relational mapping systems
- Experience horizontally scaling data stores
- Ability to work with and support a team of game development engineers and designers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working with “NoSQL” and document-oriented DBMS
- Experience working with online games
- Experience with task automation: scripting, stored procedures, triggers
- Experience with columnar databases such as Vertica
- Experience with unstructured datastores such as Hadoop
- Experience with database capacity scaling techniques such as caching and data partitioning highly desired.
Epic Games - 2 years ago