Rent the Runway – Data Engineer
Headquartered in New York City, Rent the Runway is a VC-backed e-commerce startup. The “Netflix for fashion”, Rent the Runway provides a rental platform for designer products at 90% off retail prices.
We are in an exciting period of hyper-growth, and seeking strong talent to support the critical data and analysis needs for the organization.
About the Position
We collect a wide variety of data – structured and unstructured - website user and server logs, transactions, inventory and fulfillment lifecycles etc. to track the user experience end to end.
Rent the Runway takes its data very seriously and leverages it as part of our core culture to make data-driven decisions and steer all aspects of the business.
We're looking for data engineers to work directly with the product and engineering teams to build data logging, processing and visualization frameworks that unlock the power of data and insights across the organization.
- Design, build, and maintain all parts of the data warehousing infrastructure (requirements gathering, ETLs, data modeling, metrics design, reporting etc.)
- Identify data quality issues and their root causes. Implement monitoring tools and data audits to capture and prevent issues in the future
- Provide decision-support to the business by running queries, building reports and predictive models – doing whatever it takes – to support the analytical needs of the organization
The successful candidate will have at least 3-5 years of experience in a data-driven environment designing, implementing and leveraging analytic systems - ideally in a consumer-facing or online business.
- Academic background in Computer Science, Physics, MIS, Mathematics or other quantitative field or relevant work experience
- High proficiency in relational databases (e.g: MySQL) and NoSQL stores (e.g: MongoDB); experience in how to marry them and leverage the union
- Extensive experience using SQL for analytics research
- Deep Experience in ETL development and tools
- Worked directly within data warehousing/ BI platforms like Vertica or open source packages like Pentaho or Jaspersoft
- Excellent software developer – rock at least 1-2 scripting and programming languages like Perl, Python etc.
- Experience in distributed analytics processing is desired (Hadoop, MapR)
- Passion for data, and its ability to drive the business
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility in managing a function that is core to the company’s growth
Sample Analytics@ RtR: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhGeY7Ome8s
Rent The Runway - 22 months ago
Rent the Runway is a disruptive eCommerce business with a mission to democratize luxury in the U.S. – simply, we believe that...