The Data Entry Technician is responsible for ensuring that medication and treatment orders received from Millennium’s nursing home and assisted living home customers are entered promptly and accurately into Millennium’s MPSRx system. The Data Entry Technician is also responsible for follow up telephone calls to the Millennium’s customers to ensure that all orders are entered promptly and accurately. This is particularly the case when an order is received with incomplete and/or illegible information. Excellent computer, telephone, and interpersonal skills are highly important. The Data Entry Technician is also responsible for a variety of other duties as assigned, such as filing and submitting Continuation of Therapy forms and releasing requests from other facilities contracted with Millennium.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Receive manual faxes and input the data into the MPSRx system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Place calls to facilities to alert them to any issues during the data entry process. Leave messages and instructions where appropriate, and log calls into Millennium’s CRM system for documentation purposes.
- Undertake tasks related to the mPact computer system and paperwork process as needed to assist with daily function of processing refill prescriptions.
- Filing/scanning prescriptions appropriately for accurate storage and retrieval.
- Know when to confer with pharmacists or other team members for problem solving strategies or direction.
- Following up with Continuation of Therapy prescriptions and timely filing of paperwork/receipts.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office applications, and familiarity with customer service is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem-solving and follow through skills.
- Good mathematical skills are necessary.
- Strong work ethic and desire to serve our customers and residents.
- Experience with prescription or medical terminology strongly preferred.
Millennium Pharmacy Systems - 18 months ago
Millennium Pharmacy Systems (or MPS) has a long-term technology solution for the long-term care industry. Its MPSRx system incorporates...