* Supervise the staff and students of the University Advancement data input division.
* Responsible for cross-training all data entry staff to ensure continuity and timely completion of data entry processes.
* Establish work priorities and plan workload of all data input tasks in compliance with schedules and deadlines
* Organize and monitor work flow to maintain schedules and quality/quantity standards.
* Review documents and materials for input to determine appropriate staffing and equipment needs.
* Performs work of subordinates as needed.
* Receives and inputs cash donations, credit card gifts payments, and donor pledges received by the NAU Foundation into the University Advancement database system (BSR Advance).
* Prepares necessary documents for each gift/revenue batch, scans all documents for deposit using KwikTag Imaging.
* Runs batch proof reports to verify data and to ensure accuracy.
* Processes credit card gifts and revenue using Authorize.Net software.
* Processes bank-generated lockbox transactions for NAU Foundation and KNAU.
* Processes company match claims and company-matched gifts.
* Manages NAU employee payroll deductions and works with NAU Payroll department.
* Modifies/reverses errors in the database.
* Updates records by changing or adding data to files.
* Updates degree files received from data warehouse (PeopleSoft).
* Inputs KNAU gifts and pledges during the pledge drives.
* Assists with data entry clean-up projects.
* Assists with testing of University Advancement applications during required upgrades.
* Confers with systems and programming personnel to write data entry policies and procedures.
* Implements policies and procedures to ensure accuracy, efficiency, accountability, and appropriateness of acknowledgements.
* Revises, maintains and updates procedures manuals, data entry instructions, coding instructions or other resource materials.
* Runs database reports as needed.
* Explains various features of BSR Advance and KwikTag to development officers as they have questions.
* Responsible for printing a variety of acknowledgment letters for all gifts under $1,000 received by the NAU Foundation, updating a daily quality control system to ensure timely and accurate gift receipting to donors.
* Composes replies to correspondence on own initiative, interpreting and explaining established policy and procedure in response to inquiries from a variety of sources, summarizing reports and information and evaluating and resolving problems within the scope of the position.
* Replies to NAU alumni and donors regarding updating the database ¿ name changes, address changes, etc.
* Responsible for prompt and accurate communication and coordination of activities with the NAU Foundation, NAU departments, and development officers.
* Processes special weekly IMO/IHO letters.
* Produces monthly tangible gift reports for property control.
* Three years of experience combining the completion of a three month training program in the operation of data entry equipment and experience operating data entry equipment experience; OR,
* Three years of experience operating data entry equipment; OR,
* Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education.
* Experience working with the BSR Advance application.
* Experience in preparing daily deposits.
* Experience working in a higher education setting.
* Background in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge of data entry equipment, procedures and methods.
* Knowledge of the principles of supervision and training.
* Skill in operating electronic keyboard or other data entry devices.
* Ability to effectively communicate.
* Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
$38,000 - $40,000
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified family members. More information on benefits at NAU is available at www.nau.edu/hr. Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan) after 90 days of employment. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after your start date. More information is available at: http://hr.nau.edu/benefits/elig_enroll
Open until further notice.