Supervises a team that provides timely and actionable information and analysis in support of the Company’s Distribution Integrity Management Plan (DIMP), replacement activities, and rate case studies. Id entifies, designs, implements and deploys meaningful metrics and techniques to drive overall performance improvement, particularly in the area of pipeline risk reduction.
· Supervises the work of direct reports, including hiring, evaluating, training, performance management, compensating, motivating, coaching, and developing goals and procedures to ensure the achievement of goals.
· Develops data models and analyses that identify trends and draw meaningful conclusions to address identified problems.
· Performs analysis and assigns resources as needed to ensure the accuracy and completeness of data within and among corporate information systems, including work management, risk management, mapping (GIS), customer information, financial, as well other systems and/or historical databases.
· Develops and maintains systems and inter-systems knowledge and expertise necessary to relate data across corporate information systems.
· Identifies, researches and recommends solutions to data inconsistencies, voids and reporting errors.
· Reviews best practice/benchmarking data to identify/recommend/implement process improvements.
· Collaborates with data system users and data owners to ensure approach to data gathering, reporting and decision integrity is consistent.
Job Description - Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in statistics, marketing, finance, information technology, engineering or a data analysis field.
· A minimum of 7 years of related work experience required, including statistics and statistical analysis, data analysis and management, and numerical methods.
· A minimum of two years of supervisory or team leadership experience.
· Master’s degree in similar areas preferred .
· Five years of natural gas local distribution company experience preferred.
· Demonstrated analytical, project management and organization, innovation and team-building skills.
· Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office and corporate information systems, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex messages to diverse audiences at all organization levels.
· Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, subordinates, and peers.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data, and to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
· Experience working with large data sets in a mainframe and/or PC environment preferred.
· Knowledge of Oracle, SAS, SQL, and/or SQL/PL preferred.
Washington Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, or other legally protected status.
Washington Gas - 2 years ago