dunnhumby is the leader in personalising the world's experience of retailers and brands. Analysing data from over 350 million people in 28 countries, we help companies put customers at the centre of every decision. We use our insight to improve customers' retail and brand experience to earn their lifetime loyalty.
Our work with some of the world's biggest retailers and brands has demonstrated that companies which deliver value to customers through personalisation become and stay their customers' first choice. This strategic approach to putting the customer first in business improves our clients' like-for-like sales and profit margins – or, put simply, grows measurable value.
Employing more than 1,900 people in 30 offices in Europe, Asia and the Americas, dunnhumby serves a prestigious list of companies including Tesco, Casino, The Kroger Co., Procter & Gamble, Shell, Coca-Cola and Mars. dunnhumby also includes the word of mouth marketing experts BzzAgent and price optimisation company KSS Retail.
Core Delivery is the shared services organisation of dunnhumby which serves and supports 7 dunnhumby businesses (markets) and over 20 retail installations globally. We create and operate standard and flexible technology platforms which support a suite of products delivering business solutions for our retail and manufacturer clients.
Core Delivery serves the markets who in turn serve our clients. Core Delivery must deliver value to the markets. Value is defined as our markets benefiting from a shared services function versus having to manage and create such capability on its own. As a result, each market should benefit from lower costs, collective thought and greater innovation.
To use an expert understanding of client data, with good technical, organizational and communications skills, to build, maintain, troubleshoot & enhance data solutions.
The role should also should be a process champion and mentor for other like minded professionals.
This means overall database knowledge, application architecture, and experience within a IT project life cycle is necessary.
- Solid IT skills is a must.
This includes processes for receipt, transformation, and eventual publishing of client data for downstream tools and analytics.
- Responsibility for all technical data aspects of a client engagement.
xtract, Transform, Load) processes and overall database management skills.
- Responsibility for the ongoing improvement of Quality Assurance and Automation initiatives on your engagement.
- Collaboration with other teams to ensure the data under your responsibility meets the changing needs of these teams and prioritization of this work to the optimum benefit of our clients and dunnhumby.
- Advanced understanding of client
s data. Able to research and solve all solution and client issues/questions. Use data to provide feedback and advise on new proposals
- Drive your data solutions to deliver all functionality to a high quality according to the client product roadmap.
- Detailed following of SOPs in everything undertaken. Be able mentor and advise others in their use and actively look to improve them.
- Own the client work plan ensuring project estimation is accurate and up to date. Related communications to management, team and to the client are at correct level of detail for audience and on time.
- Develop innovative or effective approaches to solve business problems for a group of solutions
- Be able to write excellent briefs, all sections, for all enhancements to your systems.
- Mentor others in story telling and other techniques for great communications
ncourage curiosity and challenge within project team. Mentor team on techniques to present Client Data within a business context
- Ability to adapt to changes and emergencies and take full responsibility for the technical delivery on an individual client
s data solution
ngage, Lead, inspire the team to get the best out of them and get the best solution for the client
- Line management responsibilities if applicable.
- Drive clear communication with other teams so that cross-team projects are successful overall
nsure all processes and systems drive a relentless focus on the customer
- Disseminate best practice across the team, using efficiencies to cut down time to market for all deployments
- Ability to deal with complex queries/situations effectively and in a timely manner
Attending meetings with internal clients about tactical data issues and opportunities
- Understanding and enforcement of data security practices
Desired technical background to include:
Should have an advanced understanding SQL Database technology and be able to mentor and advise others in its use.
- Proven ability to collaborate with multiple departments to achieve a shared goal, especially with
team members or other global teams
- Proven project & time management skills
- Proven quality control skills
- Past experience with retail data a plus
- Experience managing a recurring operational process with tight SLAs.
- Experience dealing with large datasets
xperience with LINUX
dunnhumby is the world’s leading customer science company. We analyse data and apply new insights from more than 400 million customers...